Lockwood Cup (10 year anniversary): 19/10/24

Yorkie

23 hours ago, Froggy said:

Done that before in Newcastle. You lads are all bark. Lovely lads, but soft as shite.

Would you like some recommendations for pubs where such sporting apparel would be appreciated? :angel: 

(😉 hope you have a great time). 

19 hours ago, LFEE said:

7’s pitch now booked. 10am. 90mins. Open prior to warm up on for early arrivals from around 9ish.

Just the one pitch? We going with 2 x 7+ player teams or trying for 3 teams? 

We've done three teams a couple of times when there's been a big turnout. I think 28 is the most we've ever had (Oct '21) and that's fine for three squads, each with a couple of subs. You were at that one, @Jimburst Three squads, every team plays each other once across three 25-minute matches. 

10:05 - A v B

10:35 - A v C

11:05 - B v C

-----

If we're still looking at 30+ in the days prior then we might have to bump it up to four squads. For every team to play each other would mean six matches, which would probably be unviable in 90 minutes. Easier aiming for each team to play two games across four 20-minute matches. 

10:05 - A v B

10:30 - C v D

10:55 - A v C

11:00 - B v D

17 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

Is there a reason for the 90 minutes? Could bump up to 2 hours and have some breaks for the rotund amongst us.

Yes a couple…

There is a booking 11:30. 

We usually have a drink afterwards at the venue (30-45mins) as not everyone makes it out on the evening. 

Quite a lot of those playing then need to dash home and shower/change/eat and get into town to make it to SJP 14:30 to make KO.

The option is to start earlier (9/9:30) but again not everyone can make it in time going off past experiences. IF it was a must then teams would have to be selected in a way that those that can turn up early play the first game.

10am/90mins seems to work and considering the fitness levels an extra few players might not go far wrong for each squad.

If the numbers continue to increase i will look at the format with @Yorkieand see what can be done as i appreciate standing around not playing for too long isn’t ideal. There’s possibly an option of two 7’s pitches or 5’s. Only shame with that is the viewing focus is split somewhat which is half the fun also. 

Hope that all makes sense.

Aye definitely, I share those concerns and would love to get to the match / at least Shearer's. I know it's not really about the football but I'd love to get a good run about, if just to keep warm :lol: as long as you're thinking about it I'm sure you'll get it right.

2 hours ago, Jimburst said:

:lol: Just counted and it's 32 (?) without the maybes. 4 x 8 player teams?

Just a reminder…

If you are expecting to play LIKE the OP. Currently we are at 26 confirmed if my math is right.

And also its a Saturday 3pm game so your ONLY option to watch is Shearer’s or on someone’s phone possibly elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Just a reminder…

If you are expecting to play LIKE the OP. Currently we are at 26 confirmed if my math is right.

And also its a Saturday 3pm game so your ONLY option to watch is Shearer’s or on someone’s phone possibly elsewhere.

Are the tickets already out and done? :lol: I've given up ever trying after last season's disappointments.

13 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

Are the tickets already out and done? :lol: I've given up ever trying after last season's disappointments.

Mags Member Ballot open: Tuesday 17th September, 10am

Mags Member Ballot close: Thursday 19th September, 10am

Mags Member Ballot run: Successful applicants to be notified before 5pm, Thursday 19th September

Mags Member online purchase window open: Friday 20th September, 12.30pm

Mags Member purchase window close: Sunday 22nd September, 12.30pm

Season Ticket Holder ticket forwarding & resale open: Monday 23rd September, 10am

Mags Member General Sale open: Tuesday 24th September, 10am

Good luck :lol:

15 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

Nope. Expect a ballot in next wk or so for those with memberships hoping to snag a ticket.

Also keep an eye out on PM’s and confirm who is coming for food as I’ll be booking tables in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by LFEE

:thup: Haven't got a membership as I didn't bother this year. Just rinsed me, my partner and me fatha of £100 for last year and 0 successful ballots. If anyone has a spare I'd of course love to come.

Also have a few Toon daft pals who'd probably play if we need any extra numbers.

28 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

:thup: Haven't got a membership as I didn't bother this year. Just rinsed me, my partner and me fatha of £100 for last year and 0 successful ballots. If anyone has a spare I'd of course love to come.

Also have a few Toon daft pals who'd probably play if we need any extra numbers.

Still available to buy. Also you get three chances to purchase this season. Ballot, general queue and late returns. So should have a bit more success if time on your side and a bit tech savvy. 

Having said that there is a secondary site that will be selling tickets for around £65+ nearer the time so face value plus membership probably more expensive if just interested in this one game.