how to stop a cold?!

Jimburst

right, NYE tomorrow, aiming on having a good night, of course!

anyway, i can feel a bad throat and a headache coming on right now, any suggestions of anything i can do to at least hold it off for a day or so?

lemsip? orange juice? cough syrup? water bottle? im fuckign useless at old wives cures and shit, help would be appreciated :thup:

Lemsip cold & flu tablets work for me. They normally blow the fucker out of the water within a couple of hours.

Obviously you can't do this because you're posting at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night......but in future...... :winking:

gonads. grow some.

pussy. stop being less of a.

:lol: you would be weeping with this cold, i can see it now, kleenex in one hand, hot water bottle clutched across your chest with the other, calling mother to make you some chicken soup.

Guest Invicta_Toon

gonads. grow some.

pussy. stop being less of a.

:lol: you would be weeping with this cold, i can see it now, kleenex in one hand, hot water bottle clutched across your chest with the other, calling mother to make you some chicken soup.

I am never ill. Fact.

Guest eyeball_tickler

change your avatar. that'll sort it out.

to one showing how much oasis really are shit, instead of just telling you? I would really need a Gif for that, and possibly an mp3 of lyla playing in the background of my posts.

at least update the picture. thats 5 years old.

plus,

"Oasis has sold more than 60 million records (including singles) worldwide. In 2005, the "Guinness Book of World Records" declared Oasis the "Most Successful Act of the Last Decade in the UK."

60 million and counting.

change your avatar. that'll sort it out.

to one showing how much oasis really are shit, instead of just telling you? I would really need a Gif for that, and possibly an mp3 of lyla playing in the background of my posts.

at least update the picture. thats 5 years old.

plus,

"Oasis has sold more than 60 million records (including singles) worldwide. In 2005, the "Guinness Book of World Records" declared Oasis the "Most Successful Act of the Last Decade in the UK."

60 million and counting.

doesnt make them good, just means you lot have shit taste :D

FOR FUCKS SAKE..IT'S A COLD....flu,minor debilitation fair enough,but a cold!!!!

i truly despair  blueno.gif

The common cold is actually pretty bad. It lasts a couple of days and and is often mistakenly called the flu. The flu is really rather more than 'minor debilitation', and most of us are lucky enough to have never caught it.

Takes the piss, I think its going around down here. The funny thing is my daughter started the cold on boxing day. It didn`t really bother her, shes got to be the hardest 3yr old around.  Then my 1yr old son gets it, what a pussy doesn`t stop crying. Then the misses gets it and its the end of the world. Shes talking about cancelling NYE for us. So i`m praying its a 24hr thing as the daughter is fine now.  This morning I get up with 100% man flu, ie your average cold. Still this isn`t going to stop me but if the misses is still milking it for sympathy and boy is up all night again thats my NYE fucked up  :wullie:

Guest thompers

Nothing worse than a cold coming along before a night out. I've been battling one since before Christmas, I don't know if you'd noticed I've been a little grouchy lately. Anyway, beechams powders (the ones you mix with cold water), some kind of vicks inhaler, vicks decongestant tablets and a packet of strepsils will sort you out. With the aid of the above, I went from not being able to breathe to being able to enjoy a smoke, and not even be coughing loads of shit up in the process.

well, i thought "vitamin C, a warm bath, some cold and flu tablets and some fruit"

unfortunately it was about 3:00 this morning, no oranges, too late for a bath and no medicine cupboard... so i got:

a mug of apple juice, a sinkfull of boiling water with some smelly stuff in it, 3 omega three capsules and a mince pie.

seems to have got rid of the headache and blocked nose, but the bad throat and the immense PHLEGM buildup.