Whats so great about NYE?

ChezGiven

There are lots of reasons to mark the end of the year and be thankful for what we have in our lives and i suppose the new year is as good a time as any to reflect upon this.

Why the massive celebration though? Just another excuse for piss up tbh.

There are lots of reasons to mark the end of the year and be thankful for what we have in our lives and i suppose the new year is as good a time as any to reflect upon this.

Why the massive celebration though? Just another excuse for piss up tbh.

Answered your own question. It's just a mass organised piss-up. This is a good thing.

Yep, another excuse for a piss up and another excuse for people to overcharge for everything. Fuck NYE tbh!

Just cos you're staying in, pansy! tongue3.gif

I have thought it was shit for years, everywhere is packed so you have to queue longer for everything, everthing is more expensive (tickets, drinks, taxi's etc) and as past experiences go the night is often worse than any other weekend night out but is twice the expense.

I was staying in before I was ill.

Yep, another excuse for a piss up and another excuse for people to overcharge for everything. Fuck NYE tbh!

I have thought it was shit for years, everywhere is packed so you have to queue longer for everything, everthing is more expensive (tickets, drinks, taxi's etc) and as past experiences go the night is often worse than any other weekend night out but is twice the expense.

I don't care about the expense though. :cool:

I normally have a great laugh, shouldn't be any different this year.

Am sort of glad am staying in tbh.

Went out last night instead, and it was dead. It was great, i was totally fuked, only started to recover now, and only spent £30, played pool all night as the table was free, and got to see all my mates, and best of all, was able to talk to them and actually hear what they were saying.

Much better idea.

I don't care about the expense though. :cool:

I normally have a great laugh, shouldn't be any different this year.

Just annoys me that I would probably have spent so much going somewhere I wouldn't normally go for free! Would love to go out and get hammered tonight but its so limited on NYE! We would go to a load of different bars then a club on a night out but when the c*nts are charging £3/4/5 to get into each bar its fucking stupid!

£11 to get into the club we're going to, and I already know I hate the music. Oh well.

This is my point, have done exactly the same over the years. Still will probably have a decent night out but no doubt you probably wouldnt have gone there any other night let alone pay £11 just to get in.

£11 to get into the club we're going to, and I already know I hate the music. Oh well.

This is my point, have done exactly the same over the years. Still will probably have a decent night out but no doubt you probably wouldnt have gone there any other night let alone pay £11 just to get in.

I'd been to this club before, when they've got more alternative music on and it's about £2 to get in. However tonight is house, soul, disco etc. Aiming to drink enough that I don't care about the music.

I'd been to this club before, when they've got more alternative music on and it's about £2 to get in. However tonight is house, soul, disco etc. Aiming to drink enough that I don't care about the music.

Well have a good one bud, im sure you will anyway.  :thup:

Guest Verlaine

The point of NYE is that it's another holiday type thing for people to whinge about being overrated and pointless.

Who's whingeing? Just asking why the massive celebration...

I wasn't accusing you of whinging. Just, generally, there will be a type of person who saddles every single festive occasion with the 'overrated pointless shite' tag.

The point of NYE is that it's another holiday type thing for people to whinge about being overrated and pointless.

Who's whingeing? Just asking why the massive celebration...

I wasn't accusing you of whinging. Just, generally, there will be a type of person who saddles every single festive occasion with the 'overrated pointless shite' tag.

Like me  bluebiggrin.gif

The worst of all scenarios......We have people coming over...It's just going to be stress all the way...The Mrs is already getting flustered in the kitchen and I'm eyeing the Vodka as escape.

What is with women and stressing about every last fucking detail?

If i had not been on an all day session with my brother yesterday i would be on it already today.