We didn't sign Saha because...

Guest thompers

Guest thompers

“I played with him when he was briefly on loan at Newcastle from Metz.Sadly they were asking too much money and he was lost to us." quote Shearer.

He was sold by Metz for £2.1m.

I wonder if the board would have coughed up the money if he was a Real Madrid reject instead of an extremely promising Metz youngster.

If he WAS here right now, we'd probably be slagging him off to no end and blaming all our woes on his bad finishing.

I mean, imagine if he had missed that penalty while playing for Newcastle. We'd have a 17-page thread titled "Louis Saha" with everyone and their mothers getting on the bandwagon to kick him in the nuts.

The cries of "Saha Out" after every game would be deafening, and we'd probably sell him to Tottenham for 1.5 mil, where he'd go on to score 15 a season.

Funny though, inconsistent, injury-prone, easy target for knee-jerkers.... The lad has all the hallmarks of a Newcastle player.

Guest Phil K

“I played with him when he was briefly on loan at Newcastle from Metz.Sadly they were asking too much money and he was lost to us." quote Shearer.

He was sold by Metz for £2.1m.

I wonder if the board would have coughed up the money if he was a Real Madrid reject instead of an extremely promising Metz youngster.

He'd still have been whining and threatening to strike if Man U wanted him anyways.

Some players are like that Saha surely was at Fulham as much as I detest Coleman, I sided with him on that - but Man U treated Coleman with contempt (the right way to do it) and went above his head for both Saha and Van Der Whatsits.

Saha would have pulled the same strokes with us.

tbh at the time he played like a headless chicken when he was with us and many fans were not that arsed about signing him, but in hindsight........

don't say that,even though it's true,it's a rewason to have a go...........................doncha know ?