Edgar

Guest JamesD

Guest JamesD

With both Huntington and Edgar coming into the sides in recent games, the christmas period was always going to be a rough period facing the likes of Bolton and Everton who play a very direct and physical game.  I know Ramage as taken a lot of flak on this board, and Huntington seems to be getting a lot of praise.  Personally, I don't rate Huntington.  Maybe one for the future, but as of now he doesn't look good enough.  But Edgar, not even counting his goal, looks like a player.  I for one am really looking forward to seeing more from him in the future.

he looks a lot more confident and composed than ramage and huntington, looks like he has a brain. He doesnt just lump it up the field when he gets it. He was also probably the only player i can think of that didnt give the ball away cheaply today. I thought he deserved his MOM.

Huntington impressed me but his confidence seemed to take a distinct knock when they scored their 2nd. It will take him time though, I really don't like how people here are perhaps starting (I emphasise that word) to perhaps doubt him already.

I am the opposite. Hunty is better physically while Edgar is better mentally,

and that means Hunty has more promising future than Edgar.

Hunty is still a kid and I don't blame him for making mistakes, it worths.

However I agree Edgar is better in playing DL, and please stick Hunty in the middle with Taylor.

Guest JamesD

Ramage is 23 or 24. Get your facts right before you try and talk shit.

He knows that.

man, i already chide myself for spending too much time on here.  At least i can qualify it by saying "at least i don't spend so much time on N-O being an Idiot"

Guest smoggeordie

Myself and Mosley have always rated Edgar. He may not be as "fashionable" as hunty or taylor, but he certainly looks a great prospect.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Myself and Mosley have always rated Edgar. He may not be as "fashionable" as hunty or taylor, but he certainly looks a great prospect.

:lol:

Edgar's performance pissed me off.

Yet another potentially decent/solid defender being wasted in the academy/reserves, only given a chance because the manager had his hands tied behind his back and forced to play him at gunpoint due to injuriues.

Imagine if Babayaro and Carr were fit - Edgar would probably have ended up being shipped out within the next year or two without ever kicking a ball for us.

Edgar can become very good player :thup:

The next Taylor hopefully

I also think that Huntington has the talent to become something more than average player

And i think Huntington has more talent than Ramage

Both of them look like fine prospects, especially given their age. I hope Roeder lets them get a good run of games, instead of just throwing on Bramble, Carr etc as I expect he will as soon as they are back from injury.

Guest optimistic nit

Ramage is 23 or 24. Get your facts right before you try and talk shit.

He knows that.

man, i already chide myself for spending too much time on here. At least i can qualify it by saying "at least i don't spend so much time on N-O being an Idiot"

aye, you spend it being wound up by one.

Edgar can become very good player :thup:

The next Taylor hopefully

I also think that Huntington has the talent to become something more than average player

And i think Huntington has more talent than Ramage

Doesn't say a lot though, does it? :lol:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Fair enough, maybe I do go OTT with my Ramage criticism but at the end f the day, a 30 year old defender should show more experience than he does, he plays like a fucking camel and as shown today without him we can prosper