Newcastle Man of the match against Man Utd who do you think it is

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought Parker was good today. Just can't understand everyones sudden dislike of him. He was all over the place today, taking the ball out of defence and defending the young back four (albeit one was a handball) and taking a shot at goal.

A month ago he was a fan favourite, whats happened, its not his fault he gets picked.

He does sometimes work too hard though and tires himself out it seems, like today.

Not really a positive at all.

He did work hard today though and we got a point that none of us could have really expected before the game so credit to the whole team, including Parker of course.

Guest Jambo_T

I thought Parker was good today. Just can't understand everyones sudden dislike of him. He was all over the place today, taking the ball out of defence and defending the young back four (albeit one was a handball) and taking a shot at goal.

A month ago he was a fan favourite, whats happened, its not his fault he gets picked.

He does sometimes work too hard though and tires himself out it seems, like today.

He did work hard today though and we got a point that none of us could have really expected before the game so credit to the whole team, including Parker of course.

I thought you would know what I meant but I shall elaborate.

He popped up all over the field, worked his socks off like the parker we know.

Unlike a certain Emre who, despite being a quality quality player, is very fragile it seems.

Guest nufc 4 life

i think when parker was made captain too much was expected of him and the same could probably be said of taylor

Guest Jambo_T

Emre didn't make them panic at all, the only player to do that was Martins who didn't deliver as he would usually, stifled by the Man U defence quite well.

Now Sibierski, for all he tried does anyone else think he should stop trying to take it past people? I noticed it at the end, kept giving it away too cheaply, otherwise he was OK though.

I thought you would know what I meant but I shall elaborate.

He popped up all over the field, worked his socks off like the parker we know.

Unlike a certain Emre who, despite being a quality quality player, is very fragile it seems.

Mate, I did understand your original point but I feel that's actually a negative. When Butt plays, he's never 'all over the place', he sticks in his position and is disciplined. Parker just seems to float around for a bit then suddenly gravitate towards the ball, and with Emre not having the best closing down skills, that's why Manyoo had so much time and space on the ball right in front of penalty area. I thought that if Parker spent his time actually guarding his position and staying in a designated 'zone', we wouldn't have allowed their central midfielders all the time and space in front of our area and wouldn't have allowed them to dictate the game as much as they did.

Guest nufc1984

Sibierski, good battling performance, out jumped Rio more than enough, should have scored a sitter of a header though.

I'll give it to Edgar for the sake of it, there wasn;t really a single outstanding player more of a team effort last night really. But people are overlooking how much running Dyer did to track back and double team. One moment he is their penalty area, next moment he is flying back to help in defence. Outstanding for me.

Guest Immsy7

Dyer for me. Out of position, scared Man U and managed to get back and help Solano keep ronaldo quiet.

Special mention for Given, Taylor, Edgar, Emre, Milner and Sibierski

TBH, I'm surprised so many went for Solano. maybe its just because we are so used to the crap also know as Carr (Solano is obviously a big improvement). I thought besides the cross for Sibi, he offered very little support to Dyer and contributed almost zilch to our attack.

When he did try and overlap, he was caught out of position a few times and was slow in getting back, leaving teh Man Utd left wing free. Having said that, his clearence off teh line was obviously superb stuff!

I still went for Milner though for a consistent overall game, a stunner of a goal and an assist (well sort of).