Fergies kind words after the game

Guest Grimbo

Guest Grimbo

Not used to this kind of respect from the "big" managers!

"We missed a stack of chances but we have to admire Newcastle's character, they deserved their point.

"We should have won the match but we did not play as well as we have been because they did not allow us to play. I have nothing but praise for them.

Guest Knightrider

"We missed a stack of chances but we have to admire Newcastle's character, they deserved their point.

"We should have won the match but we did not play as well as we have been because they did not allow us to play. I have nothing but praise for them.

We are the type of club he'd love to get his hands on if he wasn't manager of Man Utd. I have nothing but respect for the man, a great manager and since KK, he's always shown NUFC respect, especially when his big mate Bobby was at the club. Still a cunt though ;)

I remember last year some people said they wouldn't want him to be our manager, said he's lost it :lol:

Always was a great manager and seems to always will be until he retires. He'll also always get Manyoo winning because the unique style of movement that is included in the tactics. Similar to Wenger, this style of football has worked for 10 years and isn't showing any signs that it's going to stop working.

he is a brilliant manager I was working near Aberdeen just before he moved to manure and wanted us to get him then. I am not surprised at his words at all, although it was very good of him to say this. I think if manure win the league this season it will be his best title since the first one. Chelsea have came along and are the first team to really match and beat their spending power, now they know what it is like not to be the club with the most resources and offer the biggest money. He has rose to the challenge, and re-shaped his team brilliantly. He sold RVN [cue the other thread about you can be better off with players who are not so prolific] and the pairing of Rooney and Saha has given them more pace and mobiity all over the front of the team. Giggs is playing superbly and Ronaldo is a c**t but has always been a top drawer player and is now playing the best he has played, a player like him who can cross the ball on the run at pace, on both sides, with either foot, and also gets into the box and score goals with his feet and with his head, is everything you want from the wide man.

I don't often want manu to win, but I would rather they win the league than Chelsea who I hate, especially the cockney bastard Lampard, but I wish we had signed Drogba.

:winking:

Guest Knightrider

I remember last year some people said they wouldn't want him to be our manager, said he's lost it :lol:

I thought he had lost it last season, well not quite lost it, but I thought his time and come and went, but like Shearer he keeps proving people wrong and delivering. I'd have him here at Newcastle but I think he's institutionalised now to the point where he couldn't do a job at any other club, not to the level he himself would want to reach anyway. In short, as mad as this may sound, I don't think he'd succeed here.

to be fair , as much as I hate Man U, Fergie has always been willing to give credit where it's due and admit when his team's been second best, unlike others who'll just make excuses.  He also always seems to have a soft spot for us too.  Would've been a great manager for us.

Guest BooBoo

I hold Ferguson in the utmost respect. I've been slagged off for voicing my positive opinions on the man but the fact is, is that the man is a winner and one of the most genuine blokes in football.

^ yeap, I'll agree there. I'm always amazed at how he has constantly reinvented his team over his tenure, and it seems like he's done it again this season to knock Chelsea off their high horse.

Guest Knightrider

I hold Ferguson in the utmost respect. I've been slagged off for voicing my positive opinions on the man but the fact is, is that the man is a winner and one of the most genuine blokes in football.

Apparently he is one of the most down to earth football men to the general public too and a nice bloke.

Guest BooBoo

One of the biggest shames in football is that Gazza never went to Man Utd instead of Spurs. Fergie might have set him on the right road instead of that gimp Venables.

One of the biggest shames in football is that Gazza never went to Man Utd instead of Spurs. Fergie might have set him on the right road instead of that gimp Venables.

Same with Rooney; here he'd have probably gone off the rails IMO.

the biggest shame is that we never had the club ie the board, that we do now otherwise we would never have lost Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza. I don't expect you to believe that mind.

Guest Knightrider

Gazza said himself one of the nicest things he's ever heard in football was that very same message, from Fergie himself who told him that a few years back in a private call to him when he took over as manager of that non-league side IIRC. That's another side of Fergie you never hear much about, how he's always on the phone to managers offering them advice or wishing them well.

the biggest shame is that we never had the club ie the board, that we do now otherwise we would never have lost Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza. I don't expect you to believe that mind.

Any need, really?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We are the type of club he'd love to get his hands on if he wasn't manager of Man Utd. I have nothing but respect for the man, a great manager and since KK, he's always shown NUFC respect, especially when his big mate Bobby was at the club. Still a cunt though ;)

He would never come to us obviously but I think he doesn't respect Shepherd at all; I think he thinks we're run like a joke which is fair enough tbh.

Ferguson is only praising our efforts because he no longer sees us as any sort of a threat.

He's still the most ungracious man in sport and his knighthood is a disgrace.

The pricks on here who would like to see him as our manager have very short memories or are less than 10 years old!