Fergies kind words after the game

Guest Grimbo

Guest Knightrider

Ferguson is only praising our efforts because he no longer sees us as any sort of a threat.

He's still the most ungracious man in sport and his knighthood is a disgrace.

The pricks on here who would like to see him as our manager have very short memories or are less than 10 years old!

And they say the mackems are bitter :lol:

Aye, this club is too good for an 8 times Premiership winning European Cup winning manager....

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Ferguson is only praising our efforts because he no longer sees us as any sort of a threat.

The pricks on here who would like to see him as our manager have very short memories or are less than 10 years old!

Remember Ferguson after Man Utd got turned over by that bloke in the caravan?

One of the biggest shames in football is that Gazza never went to Man Utd instead of Spurs. Fergie might have set him on the right road instead of that gimp Venables.

the biggest shame is that we never had the club ie the board, that we do now otherwise we would never have lost Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza. I don't expect you to believe that mind.

Any need, really?

why not ? Not meant to be anything other than a relevant comment, and it is. It is a shame for him that he went to spurs and not manure but we are newcastle supporters and believe me losing 3 locally born top players during the mid 80's as we did so soon after gaining promotion and not building on that platform is the biggest tragedy you could imagine. Far worse than anything you may think sucks nowadays. Those players would not have left the club if we had the club we have now, thats a fact. Beardsley came back when we were worth playing for and Gazza tells people who he knows he wouldn't have gone, he actually went because the club wanted to sell him. Would that happen now ?  So there is your proof. Like it or lump it I'm afraid. You can listen or not, the choice is yours.

quite possibly the biggest drivel you have ever posted and thats saying something

Not used to this kind of respect from the "big" managers!

"We missed a stack of chances but we have to admire Newcastle's character, they deserved their point.

"We should have won the match but we did not play as well as we have been because they did not allow us to play. I have nothing but praise for them.

We are the type of club he'd love to get his hands on if he wasn't manager of Man Utd. I have nothing but respect for the man, a great manager and since KK, he's always shown NUFC respect, especially when his big mate Bobby was at the club. Still a c*** though ;)

He would never come to us obviously but I think he doesn't respect Shepherd at all; I think he thinks we're run like a joke which is fair enough tbh.

bluelaugh.gif

I think <make something up>; I think he thinks <make something up>.....

Yeah, ok.

Ive never been a fan of his,but he is a quality manager as his record shows,and he is the last of the old school gaffers.20 years managing at any club is an astounding acheivement but Man U was a poisoned chalice managers job before he went there.Wonder what would have happened if we had of got him after Cox?

Another one of those knee jerk reactions in my mind. The man says something nice about us and we have people already smittened. Good manager no doubt, but huge part of his succes (including the treble) is down to the golden generation of Scholes, Giggsy, Becks and Neville.

Mourinho gives lots of credit to opposing teams and is the only manager I know who will walk onto thr field to congratulate opposing player after a game, yet never gets the credit that Fergie does.

In terms of neutrality, Fergie is a c***, has always defended Ronaldo's diving antics, recently when Ronaldo dived for a penalty, Fergie even said that he had to dive coz otherwise he would have been whacked by the keeper.....what a load of bollocks.

Best manager in the Premiership to me is still Wenger though he is equally biased in his match assessments.

Praise indeed particularly as he recognised our injury problems and conceeded that while Manure did not play as well as they should it was because we would not let them.

Wenger whines - thats it. Arsenal were always hard done by.

Didn't know Mourinho did that. Thought he was an arrogant prat. Which if you read his bio you'll find he has two personas - public and private.

I would hate to think how well Man Utd would have done had Fergusons top targets been aquired. Such as Gazza, Shearer and Ronaldinho. Yes Fergie has made some big money mistakes in his time, but the way he has brought such talent through as Scholes, Beckham, Giggs and Neville and made players who were good, but not the best around likePallister, Butt, Bruce, Irwin, Berg, Cole look like world beater.

IMO he is the best manager of his generation no doubt and possibly the best manager ever certainly in the top bracket.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Ferguson has a great track record as a manager - no question, before Manure he broke the old firm grip and won a major European trophy with Aberdeen when they beat Real Madrid which is a hell of an achievment.

But lets not try and make him out to be some sort of saint, remember how for years how him and his players have been getting away with the bullying tactics against referees.

Absolute rubbish

See above

I'm 46 yrs old and reckon he would be the best thing that happened to newcastle bar none.

Watching the Premiership years over the festive period and that Cantona season and some of the things Fergie said infuriated me. But I would take him here as a manager in a flash.

He plays the media very well, as someone said he was probably spitting blood in the changing rooms after the game but you have to say fair play to the guy infront of the cameras he paid us due credit.

It still doesn't make him my favourite person in football, but we would be silly to turn our noses up at him as a manager if the chance ever came along.

Absolute rubbish

Try and find a quote from him praising the football of Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal then.

See above

See above

I'm 46 yrs old and reckon he would be the best thing that happened to newcastle bar none.

Like I said, either less than 10 years old or a prick!

quite possibly the biggest drivel you have ever posted and thats saying something

That's rich coming as it does from the drivel meister himself!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's rich coming as it does from the drivel meister himself!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK then.

How is his knighthood a disgrace ?

Why would you not want the most successful manager of the modern era to manage Newcastle ?

Does he praise every team outside of the top 4 ? If not why single out us, why not single out others.

I think its your hatred of manure that is talking - and I share it to a degree or at least I hate their arrogant gloryseeking fans - but you have a similar odd hatred of the current board at Newcastle too which prevents you to see they have done a good job during their time in charge and moved the club forward a long long way.

You can't blame him for playing mind games with Keegan its part of the psychology of the game, Keegan should have let it wash over him and not react, even though it was good to see because he was defending us.

Keep up the cliches though  :lol:

Absolute rubbish

Try and find a quote from him praising the football of Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal then.

See above

See above

Like I said, either less than 10 years old or a prick!

No, you said short memories or less than 10. Short memory? Everyone who wanted Fergie was a prick.. just three lines up.