**Steven Taylor Appreciation Thread**

Taylor Swift

Although we've lost 7 goals in the past three games, the more this boy plays, the better he gets. Was unbelievable during the 6 prior matches and today against Manyoo, showed he can lead from the back.

His style of play is eerily similar to that of John Terry's. He has also showed much more consistency lately, as well as improving his anticipation and overall reading of the game, which has compensated for his lack of pace (when compared to the super quick strikers). His passing is much more composed and has also added a Bramble-esque long ball style to his game, which to be fair, isn't attractive but at least it seems to go where it should :thup:

He looks more mature now and plays like it as well, which can be seen from the times that he decides to surge up the field with the ball - just looks like a boy with confidence. Before, we'd get a couple of good games followed by a howler. However, it seems the crisis in defence has demanded that someone step up and lead the team from the back, step in Taylor :cool:

Hope he can keep this up because we have a real talent on our hands. Can't believe he's still only 20!! blueeek.gif

And lastly, he's added goals to his game as well. :cool: Keep it up!

Guest Knightrider

Taylor dominated Rooney physically at times today and is slowly maturing and getting back to the level he was playing at when he first broke into the first-team. He has unfairly been the butt of stick in some small quarters (for being a Geordie it would seem and because fans want him to do well - idiots) but he has ability and is showing US ALL that ability. He still has a long way to go of course but he's only 20 for Christ sake and playing in a Newcastle United back-four!

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

He has been excellent in about two months now!!! Really big prospect and future (for me should be tommorrow ;) ) captain for Newcastle. I dont even dare thinking of what would have happened if he has been injuried too in the last months.....

Guest smoggeordie

Great player who'll need more great players if he'll ever achieve his full potential.

Hence he'll be off in a year or two :(

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Needs to learn to bring the ball out of defence mind, he seems naturally comfortable on it at times.

I think he has got excellent ball control and if we are to build up an attack the ball have to start at Taylor and not Ramage for excample. The only problem is that he at times almost play arrogant which remind me of Rio Ferdinand.

Very good player, has a lot of attributes but his biggest weakness being his rashness (if thats a word) but seems to be slowly growing out of that (which is natural due to his age). Looks a real prospect and better than some of those who are already making England squads (wont mention any names before the spurs fans go spacka, oops!).

Needs to learn to bring the ball out of defence mind, he seems naturally comfortable on it at times.

I think he has got excellent ball control and if we are to build up an attack the ball have to start at Taylor and not Ramage for excample. The only problem is that he at times almost play arrogant which remind me of Rio Ferdinand.

All the top players have that arrogance about them on the pitch. They just know they're better than most of the other players. I definitely don't mind that because I believe, at least on the pitch, that you need that kind of self confidence to be the best of the very best. Ronaldinho, such a humble and soft-spoken man in person, but he's definitely one of the most arrogant players out there on the pitch, the tricks he tries are outrageous and the way he teases defenders and all. Arrogance = necessary quality to have on the pitch if you want to be one of the 'greats'.

Very good player, has a lot of attributes but his biggest weakness being his rashness (if thats a word) but seems to be slowly growing out of that (which is natural due to his age). Looks a real prospect and better than some of those who are already making England squads (wont mention any names before the spurs fans go spacka, oops!).

The only reason Dawson gets picked for England over Taylor is because Dawson is too old to play for the u21's, unless a young player is good enough to be either first or second choice in his preferred position then McClaren seems happy to let them stay and develop with the u21's, Dawson will never be an England class player IMO.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Too many people allowing themselves to get carried away regarding Tayls i reckon

Don't all fans over rate their players though? Look at the spurs board for nice examples....

Spurs fans are muppets, i like to think those of us in the Newcastle fan base are far more sensible

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Rio has an excellent technique for a defender which doesnt make his style of play dangerous. I think Taylor has got good ball controll but I dont see him as a "Rio Ferdinand" and he should play it simple and effective (like Vidic).

I must admit it hasnt been a problem lately where he has been brilliant, but in the start of this season and in the past he has made some stupid mistakes because he sometimes wanna do it the complicated way, but I really think he has grown away from that :) 

Guest Knightrider

Too many people allowing themselves to get carried away regarding Tayls i reckon

What, for saying he's a good player, that he's playing well? All facts BTW.

I'd say its you getting carried away!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Our biggest weakness today defensively was no one could tackle on the deck. When they got the ball in the middle in front of our box we just couldn't get it off them or put a decent challenge in.

Our biggest weakness today defensively was no one could tackle on the deck. When they got the ball in the middle in front of our box we just couldn't get it off them or put a decent challenge in.

We were missing a certain someone who I believe could have done this ;)

I think you know him very well.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Woodgate doesn't play for us anymore

Woodgate doesn't play for us anymore

Ramage still does :)