Get behind the team?

plenum

Watching the ManU game yesterday from a pub in Sweden I was surprised that the crowd were so quiet when we were 1-2 down. I have noticed this phenomena on several other matches that the home crowd is very quiet when we are down. Should this not be an incentive to get behind the team and lift them? - Sing your hearts out for the lads especially when we are goals down, as you do at the away games.

Great game yesterday by the way! Edgars reaction after he scored brought a tear to my eye. What joy!

At one time the expectations pof the fans were a lot higher and we jnew we had a great chance of thrashing any team at home, so nosie levels were high straight from the off, but now we are very apprehensive after poor performances. There was great noise after we scored, did go quiet once they banged one in but still yesterday at time it was the loudest  it has been all season.

From telly it might have sounded a bit different TBH. When they went ahead not suprisingly the crowd went a little quiter and pissed off but afer 5-10 mins we got back behind them. In fact if anything we contributed to getting the equaliser.

Manc scum did sing "where's you famous atmophere" at one point, scum eating fkers that they are.

My mate just got him and his son a 1/2 season ticket for the west coner, under the away fan section, he said they got bombarded with palstic bottles n stuff, yet the filth did nowt about it.

The TV never gives a good reflection of atmosphere anyway. I've been at games where our section have sang for 90 minutes, had a class time, then on TV you can't hear any of it.

Manc scum did sing "where's you famous atmophere" at one point, scum eating fkers that they are.

My mate just got him and his son a 1/2 season ticket for the west coner, under the away fan section, he said they got bombarded with palstic bottles n stuff, yet the filth did nowt about it.

Aye they were hoying all sorts, especially after they scored.

The Gallowgate and Leazes level 7 were both loud yesterday when we weren't behind, I enjoyed it and thought the atmosphere was canny, could have been better.

There is no doubt the noise is fab when the team is winning, all I wanted to say was that it is important to create atmosphere and lift the team when the team is down. It was just a feeling I had, - that the atmosphere has gone down somewhat in recent years. I rememeber games when toon-toon, black-n-white-army was sung for 30 minutes straight.

Thanks for your replies.

By the way, who is Gemmill the murderer? bluesleep.gif

You make a decent point, but watching Newcastle can get a bit depressing.

Talking of manure fans, there was a load of them in Shearer's taking the piss before the game. I was quite impressed nobody disgraced us by breaking the cunts, as they were asking for it.

Guest Gemmill

What he's referring to is me tearing a strip off a lad who, following the Charlton game iirc, posted that the fans were responsible for the team's poor performance.  The lad in question was posting this opinion from thousands of miles away having never attended a game at SJP.  With me having just got in from the match not in the best of moods, he got both barrels, and rightly so.  bluebigrazz.gif

Swedish commentator when we scored our first: "There is no place in England like St James' Park when the home-team scores. The atmosphere here is just incredible"

Something like that anyway.

He was absolutley mad about it, sounded like it brought a tear to his eye or something. But I think he's a supporter himself, talked an awful lot about the possbile takeover at halftime and so on..

Guest GeordieDirk

south east corner was very loud all game

South east corner always is in my experience. Apart from the Ultras at the cup games, but 75% of them are clueless charvers. When I finnally drum up the funds for an ST I want it the be in the East stand, it's great for league games.

Guest smoggeordie

south east corner was very loud all game

South east corner always is in my experience. Apart from the Ultras at the cup games, but 75% of them are clueless charvers. When I finnally drum up the funds for an ST I want it the be in the East stand, it's great for league games.

Mate if you want no atmosphere you may as well stay at home. Worst place to sit in the ground IMO.

Guest thompers

What he's referring to is me tearing a strip off a lad who, following the Charlton game iirc, posted that the fans were responsible for the team's poor performance.  The lad in question was posting this opinion from thousands of miles away having never attended a game at SJP.  With me having just got in from the match not in the best of moods, he got both barrels, and rightly so.  bluebigrazz.gif

Bet he fucking shit himself.

Guest Gemmill

thompers, you're like an annoying yappy dog following me around and snapping at me.  Here, have a biscuit.

Guest thompers

thompers, you're like an annoying yappy dog following me around and snapping at me.  Here, have a biscuit.

And where exactly have I followed you around to other than this thread?

Wishful thinking maybe, you big red mechanical hommer.

Guest Gemmill

Heel!

Guest thompers

Heel!

Shhh, you're not talking to you're lass now Gem Gems.