Roeder still counts Bernard as first teamer ?

Skirge

Or is he just including him so our injury list looks worse ?

Roeder: 12 out for Brum

02-01-2007 11:53

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder says he expects to be without 12 first-teamers for Saturday's FA Cup tie with Birmingham.

The Toon's horrendous injury list is showing no signs of getting better with Steve Harper, Stephen Carr, Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Celestine Babayaro, Peter Ramage, Nicky Butt, Damien Duff, Charles N'Zogbia, Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi and Olivier Bernard all missing the 2-2 draw with Manchester United on New Year's Day.

I don't expect any others of the 12 to be fit for the cup tie," Roeder told the club website, "And unless Nicky Butt is 100 percent I will stick to my policy of being patient and hope that he is fit for the following game at Tottenham."

"When you consider that we have gone into the (Manchester United) game with just eight or nine senior players and a dozen injured back at the training ground, it's amazing how in adversity you get them to buy into the idea that we cannot get beaten - and it's also amazing how the team spirit grows."

Guest Gemmill

He's including him because he's a member of the senior squad who happens to be injured.  That's who you include on injury lists.  bluebigrazz.gif