injuries

Guest geordie gent

In my opinion:

4 injuries to players who we really miss in the team.  N'Zogbia, Duff, Butt, Owen. (Plus a suspension to Parker.)

4 injuries to players who would be useful in a full squad but aren't good enough to miss.  Harper, Ramage, Moore, Ameobi.

And 4 injuries to players we are better off without.  Carr, Bernard (without evidence to the contrary), Babayaro, Bramble.

This injury "crisis" is only slightly worse than most teams at this point in the season if you factor in the fact that only 4 are really noteable absentees.  A better question than "why does this keep happening" would be "why didn't we improve the squad this summer?"  We went into the season with a past-it right-back with no cover and a mistake prone injury prone left-back with a token fan appeasement signing (Bernard) as his cover.  Zero money spent.  This was entirely predictable.

Guest Geordiesned

In my opinion:

4 injuries to players who we really miss in the team.  N'Zogbia, Duff, Butt, Owen. (Plus a suspension to Parker.)

4 injuries to players who would be useful in a full squad but aren't good enough to miss.  Harper, Ramage, Moore, Ameobi.

And 4 injuries to players we are better off without.  Carr, Bernard (without evidence to the contrary), Babayaro, Bramble.

This injury "crisis" is only slightly worse than most teams at this point in the season if you factor in the fact that only 4 are really noteable absentees.  A better question than "why does this keep happening" would be "why didn't we improve the squad this summer?"  We went into the season with a past-it right-back with no cover and a mistake prone injury prone left-back with a token fan appeasement signing (Bernard) as his cover.  Zero money spent.  This was entirely predictable.

I disagree as the "back up" players that are injured means that we've had to call on youth players. I don't know of any other teams in the league who are missing 6 defenders.

In my opinion:

I disagree as the "back up" players that are injured means that we've had to call on youth players. I don't know of any other teams in the league who are missing 6 defenders.

Three quarters of the league arent even missing six players let alone defenders  bluesigh.gif bluecry.gif

In my opinion:

Regarding the squad overall, we did bring in some players in the summer.

In addition, despite not being great players Carr, Bernard, Babayaro and Bramble are ALL PL players, that's without knowing the facts of whatever the problem is with Bernard. Bramble played in the side that was in the CL and did well. Given the current injury situation all of these players would be useful to have fit. Bramble even played RB for Ipswich and could fill in there if required, which is the purpose of a squad, of course.