Duncan Ferguson

Mr. Slugworth

Just gonna throw this one in there...  'Big Dunc' Ferguson is unnattached to any club and is available on a free transfer, so is there any mileage in a pay-as-you-play 6-month contract to see us through till the summer.  He's 35 and might not play much, but i'd sooner that then see us blow our load with £12m on Peter 'Beanpole' Crouch.  He could get a few goals and he's a "passionate" lad.  :lol:  He'd be an extra body in the squad and it seems to have worked with Sibbers...  With Owen back in the summer, we might be able to attract someone a bit more promising than Robo Crouch, and it'd give us more of the (limited) transfer kitty to get the full-back positions sorted out...

The theory is correct... spend little on a striker and concentrate on defense. But Ferguson? :lol:

Without meaning to sound like HTL/NE5, the theory is incorrect. ;)

We don't need to go spending big money on a striker, simple as.

We need to spend big on the defense.

Legend tbh..

but he is retired and won't do us any good,we did sign pav though so expect the unexpected..

He's a legend in the same way you're the soccer master.

TBH.

The theory is correct... spend little on a striker and concentrate on defense. But Ferguson? :lol:

So if Martins gets injured are you happy with Siberski on his own upfront? With maybe the uber-prolific Dyer alongside him? Goals galore.

All well and good having a good defence, and I agree that we do need a couple of defenders, strikers are more of a necessity. I'm not interested in Owen coming back next season, more bothered about NOW.

We've only scored 23 goals all season, and thats not good enough.

Guest smoggeordie

Fowler - 6 month loan

I preferred your original version, which was far more patronising. ;)

Deleted it because I knew i'd get hassled by some mongs. :lol:

So if Martins gets injured are you happy with Siberski on his own upfront? With maybe the uber-prolific Dyer alongside him? Goals galore.

All well and good having a good defence, and I agree that we do need a couple of defenders, strikers are more of a necessity. I'm not interested in Owen coming back next season, more bothered about NOW.

At what point did i say we shouldn't bring in a striker?

At what point did i say we shouldn't bring in a striker?

By saying 'spend little' implies that its not a priority.