just good friends

iklgizmo

Just wondering if people think its possible to remain good friends with someone after having a relationship with them?

Ive just ended a 3 year relationship but both of us want to stay friends. We were best mates before we got together so i hope it can be like that again. We have virtually all the same friends so it would be almost impossible for us to not see each other or anything like that.

Anyone else managed to stay good friends with an ex?

Remained friends with quite a few ex's but I think it all depends on you two, its possible but if you or him are the sort who will get jealous as soon as they get with someone new it wont work.

Of course it can be done, i fool around with girls in my circle of friends all the time, one of them i am kinda going steady with at the minute. I was with one of the girls about a month ago, i knew she fancied me, but what i didnt know was one of the other, more attractive girls fancied me also, so i went with her the next week and have been since, if i can sit with the circle of friends while both girls are there and still have abit of craic amongst each other then you can certainly be friends with someone who you arnt seeing anymore, just dont dwell on it so much.

Remained friends with quite a few ex's but I think it all depends on you two, its possible but if you or him are the sort who will get jealous as soon as they get with someone new it wont work.

yea i think that will be the hardest thing. think we still love each other, just something is missing from the relationship

All depends how you broke up.

When I broke up with my long-term girlfriend I wanted to stay friends, but that was more out of not wanting to let go. She's part of our friendship group now but I don't speak to her, she's done too much unforgivable stuff for me to just forget and move on. We're amicable, never argue or anything, just don't talk.

My ex before her i'm still in contact with and get on well with her, but we use each other as fuck buddys now so its great.

Of course it can be done, i fool around with girls in my circle of friends all the time, one of them i am kinda going steady with at the minute. I was with one of the girls about a month ago, i knew she fancied me, but what i didnt know was one of the other, more attractive girls fancied me also, so i went with her the next week and have been since, if i can sit with the circle of friends while both girls are there and still have abit of craic amongst each other then you can certainly be friends with someone who you arnt seeing anymore, just dont dwell on it so much.

yea but thats a bit different from being with someone for 3 years!

yea but thats a bit different from being with someone for 3 years!

suppose

Do you actually sit in a circle?

tongue.gif

Do you actually sit in a circle?

tongue.gif

yeah, holding hands, singing songs, we know how to party

Guest thompers

yea i think that will be the hardest thing. think we still love each other, just something is missing from the relationship

Well just make the sacrifice, sweetheart. Use vaseline at first and you will enjoy it after a couple of times!

It all depends on so many things... you character, hers/his... if there are residual feelings still there for one person but not the other etc...

But think i'd just avaoid the hassle and the awkward situations, and just cut off links that need to be cut. I'd agree with NSG.

It all depends on so many things... you character, hers... if there are residual feelings still there for one person but not the other etc...

But think i'd just avaoid the hassle and the awkward situations, and just cut off links that need to be cut. I'd agree with NSG.

I forget iklgizmo is a girl too.

Guest thompers

It all depends on so many things... you character, hers... if there are residual feelings still there for one person but not the other etc...

A girl on a football forum... his post was actually pretty accurate ;)

what you trying to say?  bluewink.gif

ah indeed... one little word let me down  bluecry.gif

Guest thompers

I know you're on the rebound, but stop fucking flirting with me. Omg so intentional.

I know you're on the rebound, but stop f***ing flirting with me. Omg so intentional.

sorry i cant help myself, maybe a little rebound fling would help me out