People blaming Parker for their 2nd...

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

It was Dyer's fault, he was marking Scholes and when the ball went wide, he followed the ball, despite there being two of our men there to try and deal with it. Once played back to Scholes he was free to aim and shoot, Dyer basically made up the mind of the Man Utd player on the ball (to pass to the unmarked Scholes) and Scholes himself (to shoot).

Guest JamesD

yea, but if dyer leaves scholes, it doesn't mean parker should rush over and triple team ronaldo and leave scholes wide open.

Guest makemeacupoftea

Wasn't anyones fault really, just happens, Man utd are a class team and Paul Scholes always scores against us

Guest Gemmill

Bring back thread moderation ffs.  bluebigrazz.gif

Is this what the once great HTT has been reduced to.

Thread title:  People that think x.

Post content:  You're wrong.  It's clearly y.

tongue.gif

Shut up, of course it was Parker's fault. It's Parker's fault we're in this position. In fact, it's Parker's fault we were beaten to the title in 96.

Well if Parker hadn't made that advert for Macdonalds back in 94 then one of our players wouldn't have seen it and hence the course of time would have been DRASTICALLY altered and we would have won the title.

Guest Knightrider

Bring back thread moderation ffs.  bluebigrazz.gif

Thread title:  People that think x.

Post content:  You're wrong.  It's clearly y.

tongue.gif

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

I'll be back.

Guest JamesD

All i'm saying is that for the second goal, it was very poor defending from parker and dyer, but parker was in more of a position to mark scholes. It reminded me of childrens football where the players just follow the ball around, which i noticed parker doing quite a few times this game.

All i'm saying is that for the second goal, it was very poor defending from parker and dyer, but parker was in more of a position to mark scholes. It reminded me of childrens football where the players just follow the ball around, which i noticed parker doing quite a few times this game.

There was a lot of that, tbh, but I think that was mainly down to good movement from Man Utd.

The ball shouldn't have been able to drop at Ronaldo's feet in the first place. The cross from Park passed 3-4 Newcastle shirts that didn't even try and intercept. 3 players then were caught ball watching and left Scholes free in the centre. Bad defending for that goal overall on most players parts.

Why not just credit Man Ure with some good use of the ball and good movemnt off it to create the chance. We cannot whinge on how they got to create the opening, if anything Roeder will be asking why there was no one breaking their neck  to get infront of Scholes when he received the ball, we all know he is a great striker of a football and there is always a risk of him banging it in if you stand off him.

Just seems there is a lot of Parker bashing goimg on at the moment on here, Parker did his job yesterday and kept Rooney out of the game for long periods of time.  :thup:

Why not just credit Man Ure with some good use of the ball and good movemnt off it to create the chance. We cannot whinge on how they got to create the opening, if anything Roeder will be asking why there was no one breaking their neck  to get infront of Scholes when he received the ball, we all know he is a great striker of a football and there is always a risk of him banging it in if you stand off him.

Just seems there is a lot of Parker bashing goimg on at the moment on here, Parker did his job yesterday and kept Rooney out of the game for long periods of time.  :thup:

:thup:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Bring back thread moderation ffs. bluebigrazz.gif

Thread title: People that think x.

Post content: You're wrong. It's clearly y.

tongue.gif

most knowledgable tbh

Guest *newcastle 4 life*

Why was the ball passed back to Shay in the 1st place?

Becasue Scott the magnificent thought "we've kicked off, Shay's got a groin problem, his kicking's been iffy all game, let's test him from the kick off."

God I'm glad we didn't get beaten last night. I too think that it was a poor decsion to pass back to Shay, but Parker was maginificent last night, for fuck's sake. Just as he invariably is. Christ knows what he's done to deserve this abuse. Obviously no one can remember having to watch Clarence Acuna.....

Becasue Scott the magnificent thought "we've kicked off, Shay's got a groin problem, his kicking's been iffy all game, let's test him from the kick off."

God I'm glad we didn't get beaten last night. I too think that it was a poor decsion to pass back to Shay, but Parker was maginificent last night, for fuck's sake. Just as he invariably is. Christ knows what he's done to deserve this abuse. Obviously no one can remember having to watch Clarence Acuna.....

I liked Acuna tbh, good player who should have played more.

God I'm glad we didn't get beaten last night. I too think that it was a poor decsion to pass back to Shay, but Parker was maginificent last night, for F***'s sake. Just as he invariably is. Christ knows what he's done to deserve this abuse. Obviously no one can remember having to watch Clarence Acuna.....

I'll assume that's a wind-up, Acuna being one of the most under-rated players I've seen play for Newcastle.

Guest Imperio

I thought Parker had a good game last night, everyone played well so why can't we not just enjoy the fact that we got an unexpected point instead of reverting back to slating Parker.

God I'm glad we didn't get beaten last night. I too think that it was a poor decsion to pass back to Shay, but Parker was maginificent last night, for F***'s sake. Just as he invariably is. Christ knows what he's done to deserve this abuse. Obviously no one can remember having to watch Clarence Acuna.....

Oh dear, I must have been logged in as my daughter and I'm not sure that she remembers Clarence Acuna or would use language like that! But seriously, everyone to his or her own but are there really NUFC supporters who truly believe that Clarence was a better defensive midfielder than Parker....? I can only think of David Batty that I would be as happy with in that role...