The Darkness

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Read in the paper today that the lead singer from poodle rockers The Darkness quit the band two months ago due to drug problems. Does this mean they're finished for good? For about 20 minutes a few years back, everyone loved them. Their debut had some decent stuff on it evn if it was tongue in cheek. Their second album was dreadful, but I must admit when i saw them at Newcastle Uni it was a really good night out

Yeh they're gone I think. The guitarist with the handlebar moustache left between the 2 albums which started the decline, then Justin's cocaine addiction just added to it all - apparantly.

First album is class, second was appaling. Their live show was absolutely class though. :D

Guest TheDutchman

First album great.

Second album shite.

And now the end is near..... up in smoke (or darkness) for good I think

Guest kebabstylee

Fad, pseudo-Queen wannabes. Goodbye.

Sounded nothing like Queen, go away.

thank God!!!

Shaddup

First album great.

Second album shite.

And now the end is near..... up in smoke (or darkness) for good I think

Second album was class FACT

The Darkness... a talent free zone

So, being able to write brilliant songs, entertain thousands of people, and play guitar like a motherfucker aren't talents?

Kebabstylee is weeping as we speak.

:cry:

Poor kebab, still in mourning. blueyes.gif

They did some great songs though, I love Growing On Me.

Wullie LUURRVES the darkness, FACT  :thup:

tongue.gif  :lol:

One thing that gets me regarding talent. How come, if a certain type of music isn't to your taste, people always say the people have no talent?

Justin Hawkings and co blatently have a musical talent, otherwise they wouldn't have made it in a GUITAR band. The Cheeky Girls are untalented as they can't even sing.

Just annoys me, even with shit music like Westlife - people say they're untalented simply because they don't play a guitar etc, but being able to sing is obviously a talent.

One thing that gets me regarding talent. How come, if a certain type of music isn't to your taste, people always say the people have no talent?

Justin Hawkings and co blatently have a musical talent, otherwise they wouldn't have made it in a GUITAR band. The Cheeky Girls are untalented as they can't even sing.

Just annoys me, even with shit music like Westlife - people say they're untalented simply because they don't play a guitar etc, but being able to sing is obviously a talent.

Fair point, I think they're meaning being a guitarist just requires a lot more talent.  And some of these people sing, too.

I was agreeing with you up to this point. LOADS of people can sing. Relative to those, VERY FEW can write good songs or play instruments well.

I'm not saying Westlife in particular have no talent, but watch any episode of Pop Idol, X Factor, whatever you like. There are loads of them who can sing (some are worse than others, but then the studio can fix that anyway). The sad thing is that you used to have to play instruments well or write good songs to stand out. Now you don't, you just need some 'wacky' song, a good publicist or a senseless public to become a chart topper.

I was agreeing with you up to this point. LOADS of people can sing. Relative to those, VERY FEW can write good songs or play instruments well.

I'm not saying Westlife in particular have no talent, but watch any episode of Pop Idol, X Factor, whatever you like. There are loads of them who can sing (some are worse than others, but then the studio can fix that anyway). The sad thing is that you used to have to play instruments well or write good songs to stand out. Now you don't, you just need some 'wacky' song, a good publicist or a senseless public to become a chart topper.

or the rights to a cover version...