Buying a shark

Dokko

Well, thinking about it.

Someone i know was telling me about this shark he's bought, it was only an inch big, now fully grown at 12", but i cannot remember what kind it was, but i think he got it at Peter Barrets.

Just wondered if anyone else owns any sharks?

Red tailed black shark & Silver shark are the two he mentioned, but not together.

One can live with others, the other should be kept by itself, cant remember which.

I think the RTB looks more like a shark body wise, but i want a mini jaws.  :thup:

Guest Knightrider

Does the Shark terrorise other tank dwellers? My mother's cousin had a few Sharks, can't remember what species, they were tiny, but they ruled the tank.

Can anyone remember the Shark in a benwell caffe a few years back, I was about 8 at the time, it must have been a few foot long and looked like a Shark, I'm sure it was a lemon Shark which can grow to 9 ft or so and is quite dangerous.

When I read the title I honestly thought it was a pisstake  :lol:

Got a few people i need to take care of, poor body disposal get you in prison. ;)

Pigs are supposed to be quite good, accoring to that film anyway  :lol:

Does the Shark terrorise other tank dwellers? My mother's cousin had a few Sharks, can't remember what species, they were tiny, but they ruled the tank.

Can anyone remember the Shark in a benwell caffe a few years back, I was about 8 at the time, it must have been a few foot long and looked like a Shark, I'm sure it was a lemon Shark which can grow to 9 ft or so and is quite dangerous.

I think he has a RTB one, i think. It is in a tank with 35 other fish.

It has killed 3 or 4 fish, although he has had it over a year.

It certainly is getting more aggressive and he's not sure what to do about it.

Just found out the Silver Shark or Bala isn't really a shark, it just looks like one.

Sorry, there was an error. We're doing our best to resolve it.

What was it?

Works for me.

Seriously though, my Dad had one of these for years:

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/730/epalzeorhynchosbicolor4oo5.jpg

It was a proper bully to the other fish, always nibbling and chasing them.

When I read the title I honestly thought it was a pisstake  :lol:

Got a few people i need to take care of, poor body disposal get you in prison. ;)

Pigs are supposed to be quite good, accoring to that film anyway  :lol:

The pigs couldn't couldn't put up with the smell of Callum's nappies tbh.

Sorry, there was an error. We're doing our best to resolve it.

What was it?

Works for me.

Seriously though, my Dad had one of these for years:

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/730/epalzeorhynchosbicolor4oo5.jpg

It was a proper bully to the other fish, always nibbling and chasing them.

Working now.

Canny, want the real thing though.

is the a red tailed shark, looks like it?

Guest Knightrider

Just found out the Silver Shark or Bala isn't really a shark, it just looks like one.

No matter what size, what species, a Shark is a Shark, even in a tank :D

Their programming is amazing, probably the only species on this planet that has remained true to its genes/programming since their concepetion as a species. They haven't developed that much from what they first were 300 millions years ago.

No matter what size, what species, a Shark is a Shark, even in a tank :D

Their programming is amazing, probably the only species on this planet that has remained true to its genes/programming since their concepetion as a species. They haven't developed that much from what they first were 300 millions years ago.

AM surprised you dont own one, never thought about doing it?

£40 for the tank, £25 filter, £25 for gravel and maybe a sunken ship & then the shark itself, which are pretty much cheap, cant remember how much, but nothing more than a few quid from barretts.