immigration..a solution ?

madras

hows this plan...everyone we allow in is monitored,if it can be proven that they are decent hardworking types they stay,to make room for this person we strike a deal with some kebabastan somewhere and give them £5000 per person and hand over some ASBO collector.

Or how about we forget outdated classifications of nationality and race, and realise that we are a global community who should live as one, embracing one another as brothers and all move freely around the planet we've been lucky enough to blossom on, witout hatred or prejudice?

No? blueuhoh.gif

:winking:

Or how about we forget outdated classifications of nationality and race, and realise that we are a global community who should live as one, embracing one another as brothers and all move freely around the planet we've been lucky enough to blossom on, witout hatred or prejudice?

No? blueuhoh.gif

:winking:

but if all humans are equal,we'd have to class mackems as subhumans................nee problem there then

Nice one happy face. Let everyone who wants live in the UK. Then shove taxes up to 90% to pay their dole as there are not enough jobs or ask the EU for 50 billion so we can take in Afghanistan.

Global communities are comming but hopefully at a pace infrastructure can handle, untill then NO.

The future is grim. There will be a steady decline of Western living standards as globalisation balances economies out. Wages will drop or remain static, infrastructure will struggle to cope as the influx continues. Home ownership will be for the elite only or through inheritance only, the young generation will be the tenants and at the mercy of this Victorian-like landlord class. The NHS will go private, state pension provision will be non-existent and you will die working, or in a state of poverty wallowing in your own excrement.

Nice one George O. But your  not wrong.

20 years ago NZ 's main exports were farming based and subsidised. Govt got  rid of subsidies and we now have the most efficient farming industry (primary produce) in the world. Hell we can put butter on USA supermarket shelves at lower prices than the USA can produce ex farm. But they won't let us without restrictions.

At the same time Govt decided to privatise every govt dept that was loss making or turn them into commercial govt owned operations. Result 4-5 billion pa profits going offshore and (govt companies like electricity) consumer costs quadruple in 5 years.

To make NZ industry more competative we removed import restrictions so we could compete on a level playing field with the likes of China, India, Indonesia etc. Of course they didn't remove their import restrictions. We lost at least 50% of our industry.

Admittedly unemployment is about 3% at present and we are running up credit card debt like there is no tomorrow but interest rates (housing) 7.55%, commercial 10% and NZ dollar 20% over valued.

Stuff globalism. Lets go back to ÿou scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".

Immigration - every country needs skilled immigrants and should accept those in peril in their own country by way of refugees. But there must be controlls otherwise the host nation suffers. However it is a two way street. Most immigrants go to a totally new culture and must meet that culture part way. Its not racist to insist on this - its called integration. Imposing minority values on teachers to wear head scarfs etc is not acceptable. The answer is temporary, say 5 years, residency then back where you came from if you don't fit in. No its not. Education and generation x generation change will result in an evolving society. Britain has been doing this for 3000 years. Its just happening quicker and with greater numbers. Get used too it.

Latest EU fig upto 2003 for inward non-EU immigration show:

Lux 38%

Austria- Germany-Belgium 8-9%

UK-Ire - 4-5%

Spain- Italy- France - 2-3%.

Not quite the TIDE that some sections of the media go on about.

EU migrants moving within the EU finding jobs 66%

Non-EU migrants moving within the EU finding jobs 53%*

http://www.eurofound.eu.int/docs/areas/populationandsociety/krieger050422.pdf

Bulgaria is now part of the EU (yay!).. you should be glad, as this would benefit you fellow EU citizens in several ways:

1. no more expensive drugs. our cutting-edge drug labs work 24/7, providing you with a constant flow of cheap smack and highly toxic speed.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:t9sWVm3iCUPGLM:http://www.seacoastonline.com/2005news/hampton/h5_15.jpg

2. sex. 90% of bulgarian women can be yours if you only pretend to be rich (like talk about your non-existant BMW etc), some bitches won't buy that though, so if you want to F*** you'll have to buy them a pack of cigs..

http://www.cripo.com.ua/images/article/prostit_prv_5.jpg

3. safety. our country is known as a major AK47 manufactor since the soviet days. our clients include Angola, Iraq, Afghanistan and several elite schools. getting guns to protect your family has never been easier.

http://www.digitalprognosis.com/album/images/moreiraqpics/thumbnails/kid-with-ak47.jpg

4. new pop experience.. sick of garage hits and indie rock? bulgarian folk music is just the thing for you. you won't resist bulgaria's biggest musical talents:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:sujl8luqlaCaEM:http://bgpopfolk.free.fr/azis/azis_p7.jpg http://firegsm.com/data/color/580062.gif

tbc..

Parky, if you consider an EU population of 500 million, those stats translate into lots of people.

If you consider the E.U.'s thirst for cheap labour those numbers aren't enough. bluewink.gif

pointless trying to "restrict" immigration

if the lazy buggers on the dole would do the work that immigrants do there'd be no market for them and they wouldn't come - simple - but unpopular

pointless trying to "restrict" immigration

if the lazy buggers on the dole would do the work that immigrants do there'd be no market for them and they wouldn't come - simple - but unpopular

I couldn't agree more.  I will never blame people for trying to better themselves.  Whilst I accept that they don't all want to work we've got plenty of our own like that who seem to escape criticism because they're not foreign.

Also, many people in Bulgaria can't get on to the property ladder because the number of Brits buying properties for holidays is pushing up house prices there so while people in the UK are saying "those b*st*rds are stealing our jobs", the Bulgarians are saying "those b*st*rds are stealing our houses".  It's a two way street.

20 years ago NZ 's main exports were farming based and subsidised. Govt got  rid of subsidies and we now have the most efficient farming industry (primary produce) in the world. Hell we can put butter on USA supermarket shelves at lower prices than the USA can produce ex farm. But they won't let us without restrictions.

At the same time Govt decided to privatise every govt dept that was loss making or turn them into commercial govt owned operations. Result 4-5 billion pa profits going offshore and (govt companies like electricity) consumer costs quadruple in 5 years.

To make NZ industry more competative we removed import restrictions so we could compete on a level playing field with the likes of China, India, Indonesia etc. Of course they didn't remove their import restrictions. We lost at least 50% of our industry.

Admittedly unemployment is about 3% at present and we are running up credit card debt like there is no tomorrow but interest rates (housing) 7.55%, commercial 10% and NZ dollar 20% over valued.

Immigration - every country needs skilled immigrants and should accept those in peril in their own country by way of refugees. But there must be controlls otherwise the host nation suffers. However it is a two way street. Most immigrants go to a totally new culture and must meet that culture part way. Its not racist to insist on this - its called integration. Imposing minority values on teachers to wear head scarfs etc is not acceptable. The answer is temporary, say 5 years, residency then back where you came from if you don't fit in. No its not. Education and generation x generation change will result in an evolving society. Britain has been doing this for 3000 years. Its just happening quicker and with greater numbers. Get used too it.

Good post imo.

Good post imo.

Yeah....Kiwi is full of 'good posts'. bluebiggrin.gif

Coming from Kiwis and Ausiies who all come over here and work for years I find it quite amusing

I did too tbh, especially seen as (I think) he's an ex-pat. Still made some decent points though I thought.

There was a thing on the news recently about a Polish lass who came over here (can't remember what she did but I think she was a lawyer or similar). The report was basically about all the money the police, NHS, local Councils etc. were spending on translators. Anyway, she had gotten pregnant and she was talking about here experiences in this country (she'd been here about 6 months). She admitted (via a translator ;) ) that if it wasn't for all the services that were available to her via a translator, she would have made a far greater effort to learn English before now. Which got me to thinking, who exactly benefits from all this? Surely you should expect to need to know (or at least be prepared to learn) the language of the country you are moving to. I don't have a problem with people getting help so they can use essential services when they need to but there was another woman taking her through point-by-point each benefit she was entitled to etc. I'm not anti-immigration by any means but a few things worry me about this. Firstly, it creates an impression that immigrants are receiving 'special treatment' which people resent. I also think the money could probably be better spent. On top of that by not being encouraged to learn English, new people coming into this country are even more likely to just stay within their own communities. Essentially, I find these policies to be devisive rather than an aid to integration.

There was a thing on the news recently about a Polish lass who came over here (can't remember what she did but I think she was a lawyer or similar). The report was basically about all the money the police, NHS, local Councils etc. were spending on translators. Anyway, she had gotten pregnant and she was talking about here experiences in this country (she'd been here about 6 months). She admitted (via a translator ;) ) that if it wasn't for all the services that were available to her via a translator, she would have made a far greater effort to learn English before now. Which got me to thinking, who exactly benefits from all this? Surely you should expect to need to know (or at least be prepared to learn) the language of the country you are moving to. I don't have a problem with people getting help so they can use essential services when they need to but there was another woman taking her through point-by-point each benefit she was entitled to etc. I'm not anti-immigration by any means but a few things worry me about this. Firstly, it creates an impression that immigrants are receiving 'special treatment' which people resent. I also think the money could probably be better spent. On top of that by not being encouraged to learn English, new people coming into this country are even more likely to just stay within their own communities. Essentially, I find these policies to be devisive rather than an aid to integration.

Integrated or not, immigrants to England have historically always energised and powered the economy. You only have to look at the new wealth rich lists to see how many former immigrants have contributed positively to the economy.

Integrated or not, immigrants to England have historically always energised and powered the economy. You only have to look at the new wealth rich lists to see how many former immigrants have contributed positively to the economy.

I'm not disagreeing with that. The majority are hardly millionaires though, are they? They should be encouraged to integrate rather than discouraged is all I'm saying. There are more Polish electricians than Roman Abramovich's after all.

I'm not disagreeing with that. The majority are hardly millionaires though, are they? They should be encouraged to integrate rather than discouraged is all I'm saying. There are more Polish electricians than Roman Abramovich's after all.

In our top 30, many are immigrants. (edit).

Hinduja brothers, Lakshmi Mittall etc...

All immigrants or live here and pay tax here.

These guys are worth billions.