DVD shopping - your suggestions people

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

I'm building up my DVD collection and after spending a few quid on some classics the other week and getting some for Xmas, I'm becoming a bit of a flim buff  bluebiggrin.gif but I know nowt of films as I'm not a great watcher of movies or going to the cinema so unless I'm aware of the film already like Small Faces which I bought the other day for example, first seen on telly a few years back, I'm missing out I know.

Anyway lined up the following based on remembering (ones I've seen and want to watch again) and reviews from IMDB (great site that BTW)

Hard Men - remember it being a dark British ganstery type film

The Debt Collector - I like anything with the Big Yin in it

Requiem for A Dream - reviews seem canny (I like drug related films)

Looking After Jo Jo - old BBC series that I remember watching, apparently only done on VHS, proving hard to find (I like Carlyle)

1969 - War related so I I want

Down and Out in Beverly Hills - Just an entertaining film

Magnolia - good reviews

The Big Lebowski - ditto and I like that fat bloke from Rossanne

Amores Perros excellent film, foreign but I remember watching it last year and enjoying

No Man's Land - Hmmm, forgot what that ones about, probably war. Need to recheck that one.

Boot, Das - War again, haven't seen but good reviews

The Killing Fields - Haven't seen, but again good reviews (as you can notice I like war stuff)

Patton - Ditto above

An Inconvenient Truth - Docu type flim about the enviro - sounds interesting, I liked the Michael Moore stuff so why not

Why We Fight - War again, haven't seen.

Long Good Friday - British gangster film, haven't seen.

Twenty Four Seven - Can't rmember what that's about but it being on the list means its one I want, probably war.

The Acid House - Irvine Welsh thing I think. Weird and I like those things, and drug related.

Mrs. Brown - Big yen

Withnail & I - Got it on video, cracking film.

Meantime - Can't remember what that's about.

Nil by Mouth - Ditto

The General - Irish gangster film, was on telly not so long back, enjoyed it.

In the Name of the Father - Irish prisoner thing

You, Me & Marley - remember watching this as a teen and being blown away by it, one of those that will probably be shite watching now as an adult but Its on the list

Canny list, shite, worth me spending money on some of them? Any reccomendations from tyhe flim buffs on here most welcome, remmebre I like war films, drug related stuff, and British movies, oh and gangster type flims, although I think I've seen most and I only buy films I want to watch, as I'm not one for watching flims over and over again... except Jaws ;)

Seriously though you'd be surprised what you find when you just browse around, i came accross The Big Lebowski the other day for £3, quality film, loads more like that in the likes of Virgin and HMV

Guest Knightrider

Seriously though you'd be surprised what you find when you just browse around, i came accross The Big Lebowski the other day for £3, quality film, loads more like that in the likes of Virgin and HMV

Aye, I got one flew over for 3 quid the other day and Rompa Stiomper for 2.50. Seen Anchorman a few times now, was funny firsty time, syhite second time. Only watche dit for her out of the Bundies anyway, that blonde haird bird.

the best films are ones where you know enough to get you interested but not enough that you know the story before you watch it(intacta,big lebowski,pi,repo man type of films),too many are "snakes on a plane" ,"die hard" type films...some times you don't need to spend a penny.....saint joan and bad day at black rock both being on recently