Roeder Tracking Ricardo Faty

Guest nufc1984

Guest nufc1984

Source: Channel4.co.uk

http://strasbourg.football.fr/images/faty1.PV__.jpg

Toon Track Faty

Wednesday 3 January, 2007

Newcastle United manager Glenn Roeder will fly out to Rome next week to watch Roma's young rock, Ricardo Faty, when Roma face Parma.

The 21-year old moved to Roma from Strasbourg for 350,000 EUROS on a five-year contract last summer after the Italian side lost star Olivier Dacourt to Inter Milan.

Faty has only made 4 appearances for Roma this season, One being made in his Champion's League debut against Olympiacos at the Karaiskákis Stadium. Where he was given the job to man mark Rivaldo and Roma won the match 1-0 and Faty caught the eye of many.

The French Schemer is understood to be happy at Roma, but would welcome a move which offered more first team chances and with Newcastle struggling to string a starting 11 together this season with decamating injuries, It seems Ricardo Faty would be a good addition to a somewhat depleted Newcastle backline.

Guest nufcandy

hes a big bugger

Is he a faty?

oley :)

am not sure if hes a good player or not really, only know his name because of footy manager

Guest nufc1984

Flying out to watch him this week, are there enough games in the January transfer window to watch before signing?

lol, I will watch the Roma Parma game now, knowing Roeder might be there, I know nothing about the guy personally.

Guest Bellers

Great prospect, but look at the source. Channel 4 constantly link us with quality in Italy but nothing ever materialises.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt....

Guest nufcandy

We already have an Irish fatty in defence. Can't say I've even heard of the lad (and no I'm not FF)!

irish fatty? whos that? ;)

dont know anything about him, brilliant brilliant name though, slightly dubious, i think we need someone with experience in the english league to play alongside taylor/edgar

hahahhaaa, suggesting Edgar should be anywhere near the first XI when we have a fully fit squad

:D :D :D

Could this be a sign that we've got very little cash to spend? With Boya also mentioned it makes me wonder if we are adopting the Arsene Wenger route of trying to sign unknown players and trying to develop them. Nice idea but I'm not sure we could pull it off.