2 official bids for bale.......

Guest rosstoon

Guest rosstoon

From Man United and Spurs. I thought we were interested? How comes no bid. Does this show that we do not think we can compete with Spurs and Manure in the market?

Guest Bellers

Have they been accepted?

I have a feeling Bale will stay put until the close season, well if he has any sense he will...

Guest rosstoon

Been rejected and Saints are to offer him an improved 2 year contract. Its very similar to the Walcott scenario when he said they he would not go. In fact he is very tempted. Cant let you know who told me but its a Saints player. Has a friend up in Amble.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Perhaps the reason why a bid didn't go in could easily be that, after a quick chat with his agent, it was made clear that he wouldn't move to the North East.  I can see a lot of agents being told by players "I want a club in the capital or Manchester United).  If this were the case then there wouldn't be a bid sent in.

But..but..but...Roeder said he rated him, so we were definitely in public negotiations to sign him.

Apparently. bluelaugh.gif

But...but....but no one actually said that! :jesus: HTL claiming people said something they didn't SHOCKER!

Perhaps the reason why a bid didn't go in could easily be that, after a quick chat with his agent, it was made clear that he wouldn't move to the North East.  I can see a lot of agents being told by players "I want a club in the capital or Manchester United).  If this were the case then there wouldn't be a bid sent in.

I can see the odd nob head doing that but not many and certainly not a 17 year old kid from Southampton who just wants first team Football in the Premiership.

But..but..but...Roeder said he rated him, so we were definitely in public negotiations to sign him.

But...but....but no one actually said that! :jesus: HTL claiming people said something they didn't SHOCKER!

Pots....kettles.....

Pots....kettles.....

Nice to see you admitting it at least, guess it would be too much to expect you not to say EXCATLY the same thing again in some other post.

Guest rosstoon

so the cred of this story flys out of the window...

So getting a story from a player at the club is not creditable? It has just been announced on local Radio . Radio Solent.

So getting a story from a player at the club is not creditable? It has just been announced on local Radio . Radio Solent.

Hardly official? ;)

I'll reserve my judgement but 99% of people who say they have a source or know someone at a club are lying.

Guest Bellers

Its going to be a pure waste of time to bid for him, Man Ure want him then thats where he will go. What fkn chance do we have ?

If he goes anywhere it's likely to be Arsenal or Spurs, the mancs already have two established left backs...

Its going to be a pure waste of time to bid for him, Man Ure want him then thats where he will go. What fkn chance do we have ?

If he goes anywhere it's likely to be Arsenal or Spurs, the mancs already have two established left backs...

Can we agree that it will not be to us though ? :D