Montella to Fulham?

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Just been on Talksport on the way home, they said Roma officials said the deal was loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Could be a canny buy.

Vincenzo Montella’s era at Roma is over after he left the training ground today to complete his loan to Fulham.

The striker, nicknamed ‘Aeroplanino’ for his flying celebratory gesture, did not take part in today’s session at Trigoria and the fact was not mentioned on the club website, indicating he is already considered an ex-Giallorossi player.

Released for the January transfer window after discovering he did not play a part in Coach Luciano Spalletti’s plans, he leaves after seven years at the Stadio Olimpico.

Although it is not yet official, even teammate Philippe Mexes admitted the switch to Fulham was a certainty.

“I hope he will score many goals in England and also that he one day comes back to Roma,” said the defender.

It could well be a temporary transfer, as Montella’s contract with the Giallorossi lasts until June 2010. He was, along with Francesco Totti, the only man remaining from the 2001 Scudetto winning team.

A group of fans waited outside the gates with a large banner that read: ‘We are with you, nine metres above the sky.’

The former Empoli and Sampdoria hitman scored 102 goals for Roma – 83 in Serie A, eight for the Coppa Italia, another eight in the UEFA Cup, two Champions League and one Italian Super Cup strike.

Guest Bellers

Slightly off topic but Blackburn have recieved a couple of bids for Neil aswell...

...oh and this could have gone in the transfer window thread.

:wink:

I wouldn't be surprised if he does very well for Fulham. Personally, I think Coleman is a good manager who is great at dealing with a limited budget. McBride, Helguson, Elliot, Bocanegra are all decent players and every year people predict Fulham to go down and every year Coleman seems to keep them up. Also, Completely random but I would love to see us go for Volz, he's a  solid defender and not bad going forward.

gonufc, I completely agree with you, think Volz would be a good signing, also think Bocanegra & McBride are very good and very under rated players. Hopefully for Fulham, Clint Dempsey gets his work permit, if he settles, he has enormous potential, he's very talented, very good both physically & technically, better than the poster boys Donovan & Adu! Would like to have seen us sign Dempsey, at !.5m its not that big a gamble and he can be used in a few positions.

gonufc, I completely agree with you, think Volz would be a good signing, also think Bocanegra & McBride are very good and very under rated players. Hopefully for Fulham, Clint Dempsey gets his work permit, if he settles, he has enormous potential, he's very talented, very good both physically & technically, better than the poster boys Donovan & Adu! Would like to have seen us sign Dempsey, at !.5m its not that big a gamble and he can be used in a few positions.

Dempsey looks like he will suit the premier league. He was impressive in the World Cup, he looked very strong on the ball. I agree that he would definately be worth a shot at 0.5mill, if only for his versatility.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does very well for Fulham. Personally, I think Coleman is a good manager who is great at dealing with a limited budget. McBride, Helguson, Elliot, Bocanegra are all decent players and every year people predict Fulham to go down and every year Coleman seems to keep them up. Also, Completely random but I would love to see us go for Volz, he's a solid defender and not bad going forward.

You lie! Its not Random, you just love his website!

I wouldn't be surprised if he does very well for Fulham. Personally, I think Coleman is a good manager who is great at dealing with a limited budget. McBride, Helguson, Elliot, Bocanegra are all decent players and every year people predict Fulham to go down and every year Coleman seems to keep them up. Also, Completely random but I would love to see us go for Volz, he's a solid defender and not bad going forward.

You lie! Its not Random, you just love his website!

What's on his website?

Volz has only just signed a contract, cant see him leaving just yet.

Well his contract was running out and Fulham clearly didn't want him to be able to leave on a Bosman. If they would allow him to leave if a suitable offer comes in might be another question.

From a nationally biased view I'd like to see Volz signing for Newcastle, taking his website into consideration he must be a decent bloke (maybe not quite as good as Rihilati's, but one of the better player's sites). He had some shocking matches last season when he came back from injury and was totally murdered, but has been vastly improved recently, though this might also be down to the fact that he now plays in a more advanced position. Still I would take him at right back ahead of Carr any day.