Mobile Phone Questions

Dave

Couple of questions, wondered if people had any thoughts:

• I re-negotiated my original 12 month contract when it ended in March 2006. Does this mean I have another compulsory 12 month contract, or can I leave before March this year?
  • Has anyone used the Sony Ericsson K800? Is it any good?

Guest TheOrder

Did you let your contract roll over?

K800 is a brilliant phone in my opinion, lovely camera, great java games, simple menu layout, decent internal memory and speakers.

My direct debit just carried on, but I negotiated a better package and a new handset for free. I remember asking at the time whether agreeing tied me into another 12 months but can't for the life of me recollect what they said.

Is the camera really capable of replacing a basic point and shoot digicam? I wanted the K610 but the silly twats have taken the flash off it for some reason.

Guest TheOrder

Normally, when you just leave your contract after the expiry term, the contract is on a month to month basis, and you only have to give 30 days for you notice.

If you've got a new phone out of the deal, it's more than likely that they've got you pinned down to another 12 months, but a simple phone call will give you the definitive answer.

I've worked for a few mobile phone companies, in various departments, and I've found that it's not too difficult to get your self out of these verbal contracts, with a simple letter to head office.

Cheers for that. It wasn't the newest or most expensive phone at that time, if that makes a difference? Just thinking in terms of them recouping the phone cost, which will have been minimal. It was the phone I knew I wanted, the bloke sounded rather shocked that I was so easy to please. :lol:

Is the camera really capable of replacing a basic point and shoot digicam? I wanted the K610 but the silly twats have taken the flash off it for some reason.

Personally, I'd have to say no. The pics come out clear but not very well defined. Depends how good or bad you want your pics to be.

Guest BooBoo

Got the K800i just before Xmas and its the bollocks. The camera (for a mobile) is very good and the internet browsing on mine is pretty snappy. Plus it just looks cool.  :cool:

Guest Geordie_mafia

On that advert for the PEBL I always wanted the bloke to notice it was a Motorola and skim the c*** into the water. :lol:

lol i work for orange and agree skim the C**T in the water

a can sort you guys out with a wicked contract

On that advert for the PEBL I always wanted the bloke to notice it was a Motorola and skim the c*** into the water. :lol:

What can you offer in the way of Contracts Mafia?

What can you offer in the way of Contracts Mafia?

He'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

rimshot.gif

Guest Geordie_mafia

Best tarrifs i can offer

500-mins unlimited-texts £35 per mth 18mth contract.

500-mins unlimited-landline calls £35 per mth 18mth contract

Free Broadband

Decent phone free

Pm me for any more info

• 4 months later...

Righto, bump time.

Just got a contract from www.e2save.com and it's the W850i on Orange with 600 mins or something and unlimited texts for £35.

E2save have some cash back bollocks making the contract only £19.55 or something a month?

Anyone care to explain and if it's safe?

Not sure on the exact details of that deal but usually you pay normally then every six months or something you send in your bills and they refund you some of the money. Hence making it effectively less. They are obviously playing on the fact some people will inevitably forget.

I don't touch them, personally.

Shouldn't have a problem if you send your bills in on time every time. I just don't like the way they do it, especially the fact you have to pay in full at the beginning. If it's six months, you'll be £210 down before you get any refund.

I'm not sure if they all work this way though.

A credit of £48.00 will be raised automatically by cheque within 2 months if you do not cancel your contract. You will receive a text message when this credit has been successfully raised.

To gain the remainder of your line rental / cash back please send your 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th and 18th monthly bills within 30 days of the date stated on the relevant airtime bill, to us and we will credit you by cheque with £49.82 each time.

This will save you £297.09 over the 18 month duration of the contract. In effect this means that your average line rental per month over the contract period is £19.50 per month.

So I was right. You have to pay out £210 in the first place, then £105 each time after that, before you get your refund. I know it works out cheap in the end, but that's a shitty way of doing it imo.