Internet

Guest MyNameIsSean

Guest MyNameIsSean

Help i have a pc downstairs and a laptop in my room ryt they are connected to interent through router although i cannot use the internet in my room on laptop please explain how to set it up because that wud be very helpful ,cheers in advance....

I take it the router is connected to the pc downstairs? and your laptop has the wireless lan card in it?

If yes then you need to loginto the setup page of the router, you do this ont he pc downstairs, normaly by typing

http://192.168.1.1  that should be the IP of the router on your network, in there you wil lfind a page where you will need to allow your laptop.

Make sure your laptop is finding the router too, if its not finding the router then thats a big problem. If it finds the router tyat ean your network is working and you need to do the above inorder for the router to allow your lapnet net accsess.

hope that makes sense.. :D

ah right then so both machines hooked upto the router via cables, what do you get for the info in network connections on the laptop?

control panel/network conections.

does it say a canle is unpluged or limited conectivity ?

have you tried double clicking on the network icon in network conections and going to support at the top then select repair, ir select disable, then re enable it.

Other times you have to just power down the router then power down the modem,  power down both pc's, power back up the router, then power back up the modem, once all the lighgts are on, on the modem power up the machines.

Ne bother mate. what thing worked? if it was the pwering down of the router and modem and reboot then your going to be gutted coz that will happen all the fkn time, I got shot of my router coz of it, I looked everywhere for a fix and could not sort it, its the router and modem losing eachother for some reason, and it really does start to become a pain in the arse.

Guest MyNameIsSean

aye just needed to switch of modem n turn it back on n it worked i cnat believe something so easy can be so hard to do lol