Who would you buy?

Guest Lee-Mus

Guest Lee-Mus

I hear a lot of moaning going on about our usual lack of activity in the transfer windo so If you were Glenn now who would you buy??

Me I'd buy:

LB-Paul Konchesky

RB-Luke Young

CM-Youssi Benayoun

CF-James Beattie

Cf-Ashley Young

Konchesky could be worth a look

Also hear Charlton are willing to let Hasslebaink go. I'd take him on a six month contract to the end of the season. Not the player he used to be but still big, strong and able to finish.

I hear a lot of moaning going on about our usual lack of activity in the transfer windo so If you were Glenn now who would you buy??

Me I'd buy:

LB-Paul Konchesky

RB-Luke Young

CM-Youssi Benayoun

CF-James Beattie

Cf-Ashley Young

LB-Paul Konchesky (worth a punt)

RB-Luke Young (Worst game by a RB ive ever seen against Liverpool, but still worth a punt i suppose, trade with carr)

CM-Youssi Benayoun (inconstant, dont need him and his position)

CF-James Beattie (No more than £3m, worth a punt)

Cf-Ashley Young (Rejecting bids of £5m, plus he is a right winger, we dont need him)

Konchesky is worth a look at. Curbs sold him from Charlton and may now find himself pushed out as the two never got on. WHU didn't pay a massive fee, maybe a swap for Babayaro to keep costs down would be worth a look.

Same for Young. Charlton fans are not happy with him, he's lost interest and we could for the right price he could move. However, nothing more than £3m for numerous reasons, maybe throw Carr in as well

Beattie is about the best striker we can get for the £3m mark without taking a punt abroad. I reckon he'd redouble his efforts if he came here, and relaunch his career, but its a risk, but one worth taking imo.

If the club came out with these three before the window closes, i'd be quite happy. Although i think there are better options about for the fullback positions, we neither have the money, nor the talent to broker the deals needed to secure the players, so maybe with WHU & Charlton in unsecure positions, we could take some advantage over them.

Ever since he got a few meaningless caps for England people have started talking about Luke Young as if he's a decent player. He's not. Zat Knight and numerous others got caps under Eriksson, it doesn't mean anything.

Guest nufc1984

I don't know, I could give you a list of top players that we could sign, but whether they would come here and do the job, regardless of their quality, remains to be seen.

Me I'd buy:

LB-Paul Konchesky

RB-Luke Young

CM-Youssi Benayoun

CF-James Beattie

Cf-Ashley Young

RB-Luke Young (Worst game by a RB ive ever seen against Liverpool, but still worth a punt i suppose, trade with carr)

Cf-Ashley Young (Rejecting bids of £5m, plus he is a right winger, we dont need him)

Konchesky is worth a look at. Curbs sold him from Charlton and may now find himself pushed out as the two never got on. WHU didn't pay a massive fee, maybe a swap for Babayaro to keep costs down would be worth a look.

Same for Young. Charlton fans are not happy with him, he's lost interest and we could for the right price he could move. However, nothing more than £3m for numerous reasons, maybe throw Carr in as well

Beattie is about the best striker we can get for the £3m mark without taking a punt abroad. I reckon he'd redouble his efforts if he came here, and relaunch his career, but its a risk, but one worth taking imo.

If the club came out with these three before the window closes, i'd be quite happy. Although i think there are better options about for the fullback positions, we neither have the money, nor the talent to broker the deals needed to secure the players, so maybe with WHU & Charlton in unsecure positions, we could take some advantage over them.

Quoted for this man talking sense. My thoughts exactly.  :thup: :thup: :thup:

Guest Geordie_mafia

a would have a dig at signing

giles barnes-derby- wicked little striker and he is coming on with his age

Me I'd buy:

LB-Paul Konchesky

RB-Luke Young

CM-Youssi Benayoun

CF-James Beattie

Cf-Ashley Young

Quoted for this man talking sense. My thoughts exactly.  :thup: :thup: :thup:

aye likewise, only problem is he is a form player - either good or bad, he tends not to have a steady average. Decent pen taker too which could be a bonus

Would make a move for Wes Brown,  doubt Man U would sell though or if he'd want to leave at the moment.  We could pick up Halford the young right back from colchester fpr £2-3m,  England u21 international and the best full back in the championship.  Also would be tempted to resign Aaron Hughes,  reckon we could get him back for £1m and while he may not be a world beater, he would jump at the chance to come back and is a better RB than Carr, a better LB than babayaro and a better CD than ramage so would improve the squad,  with our squad so stretched his versatility could be useful.  The rest of the money would go on a striker but to be honest i'm struggling to come up with anyone.

Also rate Giles Barnes, the lad is quality but a midfielder isn't high on our list of priorities at the minute,  maybe do a deal with Derby that we tie him down but loan him back for the rest of the season, better than losing out on him to someone like Spurs.

Guest Bellers

If I'd been given the ten million Roder's allegedly been given I'm not entirely sure what to do. We have shortages all over the back so a couple of laons would probably in order aswell.

As far as goal keepers go we're fine, so I think I'd begin by looking at the full backs, or in this case lack of full backs. 

As far as right backs go right back I'd be looking at someone like Luke Young for a couple of million. Although he isn't the best in the world desperate times call for desperate measures and he is a realistic  target. As soon as I had a right back through the door I'd have Carr shipped out.  I know he's a body but we have Nobby and plenty of young lads who could soon cover the position. As for left back names such as Baines, Bale and Bridge have been mentioned, but they would all cost a fair amount. I'd probably be looking into bringing Bridge in on a six month loan with a view to a permanent signing if Chelsea are willing to do buisness. I'd also be looking for cover in left back knowing Babayaro, so a quick scout throught the football leagues would be in order to aquire a cheap, decent cover.

After the emergence of Taylor, Ramage, Huntington and Edgar I'd have Bramble and Moore out the door and off the wage bill. I'd be looking at some solid centre backs to keep us ticking over until the summer. The likes of Wes Brown,  Chris Riggot, Matthew Upson and maybe even Anton Ferdinand who is said to be unsettled would all be looked at.

As far as midfield goes I wouldn't change much until the summer. Luque would probably be shipped out and that would be the end of that.

Up front I'd be looking for someone to partener Martins, which means we'd be looking at a poacher and/or a strong, physical centre forward. If we were going strong I'd look at the option of bringing Beattie for a couple of million. As far as poachers go it's difficult. Carew on loan would be a half decent option, although he is injury prone. Prehaps Kanu on a six month deal could work.

James Beattie is pushing 30 and useless

Wes Brown would be a great buy however

Brown is decent enough (although with very peculiar hair). He's injury-prone though and if he joined us he'd probably impale himself on the pen he used to sign his contract.

Goalkeepers - None -we don't need any.

RB - None We have Nobby and now Edgar who can play there.

CD - None Sell Bramble to highest bidder and keep moore till his contract runs out (end of season) as back up to Taylor, Ramage ang Hunty.

LB - Konchesky? In and keep Baba as back up till the end of season.

RW - None Milner, Dyer and Duff can all play well here.

CM - None - We have class in Parker Emre and Butt. Pattison if needed.

LW - None - Think i'll scream if we sign another LW bar RONALINHO

CF - Collins John? We just need cover for Martins, Dyer and Le Sib till we get Owen and shola back.

Conclusion: Buy Konchesky or better and Collins John or Better and get rid of Shambles, Car, and Luque. to highest bidders. 

CD - None Sell Bramble to highest bidder and keep moore till his contract runs out (end of season) as back up to Taylor, Ramage ang Hunty.

CF - Collins John? We just need cover for Martins, Dyer and Le Sib till we get Owen and shola back.

Conclusion: Buy Konchesky or better and Collins John or Better and get rid of Shambles, Car, and Luque. to highest bidders.

classifying Bramble and Carr together is a disgrace

at least titus cares and has ability as a defender

classifying Bramble and Carr together is a disgrace

at least titus cares and has ability as a defender

I disagree, have you any proof that he does actually care? As for ability thats laughable, his positioning is crap, he makes horendous decisions and he's not the laughing stock of the Prem without good reason! The lads been dragging us back for years with his never ending list of clangers and has done alot more damage that most realise (i.e. to the cofidence of the team/other players) and can you blame Given for hoofing it up field when the altenative is risking Shambles passing it to the likes of Henry or Ronaldo etc