Purely Belter (2000)

Guest kinaldo

Guest kinaldo

Anyone here seen this film (about 2 Geordies and their struggle to get Newcastle season tickets)? What do Geordies here think of it?

It was on RTÉ tonight (Ireland's public broadcaster) and I thought it was quite funny, especially the bit when the two lads entered into enemy territory.

Also, Alan Shearer's music collection consisting of Des Ree, Natalie Imbruglia and Celine Dion... bluebiggrin.gif

Very enjoyable film tbh.

“Sewell man, we're going nicking, nicking things to sell. So how much do you think people are going to give us for something that's nicked from a shop that's called Everything's A Pound?”

Classic!!!!

Never saw the film but I read the book it was based on (called something really different -- The Season Ticket, I think) and I thought that was excellent. Sad, though.

probably said this before but my english teacher wrote that book. he was the kind of teacher who made us go down to the edge of the hockey field, close our eyes for 30 minutes and hope we get inspired by it.

Guest teepee

Never saw the film but I read the book it was based on (called something really different -- The Season Ticket, I think) and I thought that was excellent. Sad, though.

probably said this before but my english teacher wrote that book. he was the kind of teacher who made us go down to the edge of the hockey field, close our eyes for 30 minutes and hope we get inspired by it.

:lol:

decent book - not fantastic, but a good read. I've unfortunately never seen the film...

Guest nufc_geordie

Verry funny film, but in truth it maybe does slightly embarass us again. The over play on the accents is OTT as usual but there are some inspired copmic scenes like the stealing of Shearers car from the traingin ground and the free ticket to the Scumberland match.

Well worth a watch.

Guest TheDutchman

Verry funny film, but in truth it maybe does slightly embarass us again. The over play on the accents is OTT as usual but there are some inspired copmic scenes like the stealing of Shearers car from the traingin ground and the free ticket to the Scumberland match.

Well worth a watch.

You mean that the accent of the lads in the film isnt really the accent of the people from Newcastle?

Btw do you know where the training ground is located? Just curious.

Guest Gemmill

I find the fact that they used to mackems to play the main roles a disgrace and a great  reason not to watch it, telling me there was not 2 young Geordie actors that could have played the parts?!

Mackem immigrants stealing wor jobs!  bluebigrazz.gif

• 8 years later...