Which Club Would You Buy?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

With all of the talk around the premiership of clubs being bought out by Foreign investors, who would you buy and why? that would give the best value for money?

IMO I would opt for Reading. Madejski is outspoken in his ideas to sell the club as he feels he has done his job getting them to their current level and that he can't compete at a higher plane. They are essentially debt free with a new ground and have gauranteed premiership status for next season. An investor coming in for them would not have to pay over the odds and has potential to develop on their current position. :thup:

West Ham went for, what, 120m?

Newcastle are up for, what, 200m or something mental?

You've got to say, a largely debt-free, efficiently - if unadventurously - run Aston Villa, with a stadium which only needs one end redeveloping, and even that not urgently, for 65m was something of a snip.

West Ham went for, what, 120m?

Newcastle are up for, what, 200m or something mental?

You've got to say, a largely debt-free, efficiently - if unadventurously - run Aston Villa, with a stadium which only needs one end redeveloping, and even that not urgently, for 65m was something of a snip.

Definately, although i don't know much about land value but I'm guessing the land that  Upton is built on is worth a fair whack, i still wouldnt be suprised to see WHU play at the Olympic Stadium and sell off Upton Park.

If your thinkin of fanbas always thought Carlisle would be a good option as theres no team for miles around bar Gretna. Other than that Bristol City are a big club in the making if they could get it right, same with Rovers.

If your thinkin of fanbas always thought Carlisle would be a good option as theres no team for miles around bar Gretna. Other than that Bristol City are a big club in the making if they could get it right, same with Rovers.

Small problem, there are no people for miles around either.  :lol:

498,800 people live in Cumbria according to Wiki so thats a canny few. 105,200 in Carlisle (205,000) so there is potential. At least to be a strong Championship team. One problem would be my immediate dislike of Cumbrian folk though so i'd have to be a chairman who operates from the carribean or some bollox.

In terms of long term investment, Newcastle would have to be a sound bet. Fair enough, it would take a substantial initial investment to sort out the playing side of the club, but with a huge fan base, much of it relatively untapped because of the cost of following football these days, a successful Newcastle United would be a licence to print money. If you go look at the catchment area we have - the city itself, Gateshead, North Tyneside, Northumberland, much of South Tyneside and Washington along with parts of Durham and Teeside, there are not many places in the UK with such a huge area to call on. We are also popular in other parts of the UK, I have visited most of the country through work and rarely fail to spot a few people wearing our colours. It is inevitable that sometime in the near future clubs are going to be allowed to negotiate their own Television deals, the sums of money likely to figure in that will be obscene.  A lot is said about our debt, but most of that is self financed from future season ticket sales and is manageable so that should not be off putting.  And as much as it pains me to say it, should the mackems have some sort of relative success from Niall Quinn and his consortium, the peanuts he shelled out for the club will more than likely be an astute piece of business. Never mind him telling the press and the media it's because he loves the club, its because he knows if he gets the Mackems in the premier ship and out of the bottom five he will guarantee himself 48000 inbreeds at every home game and many more buying shitty Lonsdale Tops so they can look really daft in the Metrocentre on a Saturday afternoon

498,800 people live in Cumbria according to Wiki so thats a canny few. 105,200 in Carlisle (205,000) so there is potential. At least to be a strong Championship team. One problem would be my immediate dislike of Cumbrian folk though so i'd have to be a chairman who operates from the carribean or some bollox.

It's one of the least densely populated parts of England without a strong tradition of supporting football and parts of Cumbria are closer to Manchester etc. Otherwise, the potential fan base is huge  tongue.gif

It's one of the least densely populated parts of England without a strong tradition of supporting football and parts of Cumbria are closer to Manchester etc. Otherwise, the potential fan base is huge  tongue.gif

Cumbrian nation, Fat Fred would be quaking in his shoes!

He is Cumbrian I think.

He is Cumbrian I think.

You can fuck off with that allegation! :wullie:

Championship clubs.

To think that Leichester only worth 25m! And how much did Ken Bates pay for Leeds? Or the Irish duo for Sunderland?

Cardiff City, Coventry City, Derby County, Southampton, Wolverhampton should be good long term investment target. Shame that Leichester is going to Mandaric, Sunderland and Leeds have been taken over.

Guest Geordie_mafia

Cardiff or MK Dons would be a good little buy

especially the way MK dons are playing

a no cardiff at moment are playing a bit S**t would would be worth a mint in a couple of years

and MK dons are coming back up (worth 15million)

and cardiff (worth 50million)

Cardiff or MK Dons would be a good little buy

especially the way MK dons are playing

a no cardiff at moment are playing a bit S**t would would be worth a mint in a couple of years

and MK dons are coming back up (worth 15million)

and cardiff (worth 50million)

I'd rather own Mickey Owen and his wonky little leg.  :lol: