PC Graphics Question - Flight Simulator X

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

I bought my dad the new Flight Simulator X game for Christmas, for the PC.

I loaded it up and the graphics are quite poor. Then I read that if you go into the settings you can increase the detail of the cities, scenery, weather (etc..), so I did that.

The graphics improved dramatically, but the gameplay became very "jerky".

Our PC is brand new... 1GB RAM, Pentium Duo, 160 GB Hard Drive.

Is there any way to get the gameplay and graphics to run at a very high standard?

It just seems odd that a game could never be played to it's full potential.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm a little bit crap with PCs.

Guest Ridzuan

What? You have the Flight Simulator X game? How cool is that! I try to find one but couldnt so I had to download the trial from the website.Of course,you cant play every single mission that is available unless you buy the real game.But I thought the graphics is good except that it is troublesome to move around in the cockpit.As much as I like to help you mate,I dont know much about graphics.But Im sure you or your dad will enjoy it once everything is fix.

Where did you buy the PC from?

If you bought PC World style its probably got on board graphics and your etcha-sketch is probably more powerful at displaying games in their full glory ;)

However, i've read before M$ flight sim only runs at 15fps, as it feels it doesn't really need to go much higher due to lack of movement and action. I doubt this has anything to do with it as it should run smoothly, but IIRC there is a FPS limiter in there somewhere.

Flight sims never really have that good a standard of graphics as well, this again might have something to do with it.

Sounds like an onboard graphics pc.

Find the middle setting for detail in the game mate, turn off vsync, make sure the pc has the laatest directx installed, and maybe upgrade the graphics card driver, do all that before spendng money on a new card.  :thup:

I'm not sure where the computer was purchased. My dad bought it.

I remember the last game not having great graphics, but part of their selling point for this one is that that area is vastly improved... it's just that on my computer the gameplay is severely lacking when I whack the graphics settings up to "Very Good".

Someone mentioned that I may need more RAM....

toon's taylor, please explain what you mean about the FPS limiter and if there is a way to get around it.

MAte, never owned the game, i just read it somewhere, it would of been the version before, well probably, dont know if it still does it or what, but would check all the things skirge says 1st.

Good thing is with this game, its popular, and you will be able to find a forum dedicated to this game, and people will be able to help you out no ends.