Collins John offer accepted

Guest rosstoon

Its Watford apparently.

rumours it might be Tottenham, Martin Jol wants the Dutch youngster as there 4th choice striker.

So baring in mind he loves Mido, and has just signed Berbatov, is he better than Defoe or Keane? Can see one of those going. Wasn't Keane linked with Villa?

Guest nufc1984

Coleman has just been on SSN, he avoided it, but it seems likely it's Watford, Abit disappointing, I think John is a good young player and especially last season, he just hasn't been played enough this season.

I'd like him here. Always rated him.

Really?

He makes Ameobi look good!

I'm not sure I'd agree with you on that one...

From what I've seen he looks quick and strong with a good eye for goal. As someone pointed out earlier, fairly similar in style to Darren Bent. I think he'd do a good job for us herre, pretty sure he's only about 21 as well.

Guest Grimbo
From what I've seen he looks quick and strong with a good eye for goal. As someone pointed out earlier, fairly similar in style to Darren Bent. I think he'd do a good job for us herre, pretty sure he's only about 21 as well.

I've watched him since he missed that chance against us in that friendly "cup" in Kuala Lumpur a few years ago.

He's rubbish, too many have been brainwashed by HTT.

:lol: Beat me to it.

A quick search, finds me this glowing reference by the forum's "most knowledgable poster". ;)

We all know Owen is Shearer's replacement in terms of the leading man, the main man, the new hero, but we still need to replace Shearer the player or rather his position as a striker. Where do we look? What type of player do we look for? Who?

Many think another big name, someone like Ronaldo?

Not for me, I'd like us to go for Collins John of Fulham who I think is an excellent prospect and very much attainable at the right price. He's a goalscorer, is powerful and quick and is only 21. He'd be an ideaql Summer signing. Wouldn't cost the earth, wouldn't command a huge salary and is young enough to grow and develop along with the team, giving us a good number of years worth of service. He for me has the potential to score 15-20 goals a season and would be a good foil for Owen as he likes to play through the centre where as Owen likes to use the channels. He'd give us that presence up front and an option for the ball over the top or through the middle that we lack without Owen in the side.

Not the type of striker we should be after imo, I'd be looking to add a bit of variation to our attacking options. Going into next season it looks like we should have

Owen

Martins

Ameobi

As 3 of our strikers. From those three, you'd obviously have Owen and Martins as our first choice pair. I'd like to add someone a bit bigger to the mix, give us something different than two pacy little fuckers up front. Then we could pick two from those three depending on our opposition. Ameobi as 4th choice will do me.

I'd have liked Crouch, but anything more than 7-8m would be too much.

End of the day I don't think John would be a worthwhile addition.

Guest Bellers

I sit on the fence with John.

He has the potential to be brillaint. He's strong, technically sound and has an eye for goal.

Weakness wise he tends to be a bit erratic, plus he's not the quickest in the world...

I sit on the fence with John.

He has the potential to be brillaint. He's strong, technically sound and has an eye for goal.

Weakness wise he tends to be a bit erratic, plus he's not the quickest in the world...

We have Martins who is the quickest in the world (according to pro evo) We don't need pace upfront, we need goals.