Paul Le Guen Leaves

Guest nufc1984

Guest nufc1984

When Rangers realised Barry Ferguson would be such hot property across europe they had no other option...

Le guen left, he didn't get sacked

Guest Bellers

When Rangers realised Barry Ferguson would be such hot property across europe they had no other option...

Le guen left, he didn't get sacked

Left with his arm behind his back...

Shame he could have taken us back the glory days.. Good catch for Rangers...

..oh no wait...  :roll:

Fat Fred will love it though, just goes to show Foreign manager with no idea of the history of the club and the culture of the area yada yada...

Sounds to me like the whole Ferguson thing has been a way of PLG getting out of the club and his reign which has gone tits-up. Maybe was a good thing he went to Rangers and not Newcastle. Was Lyon his only managment experience before Rangers?

Rangers have confirmed that manager Paul Le Guen has left the club.

Just days after his axing of midfield star Barry Ferguson as captain - Le Guen has parted company with the Scottish giants.

Le Guen has agreed by mutual consent to end his seven-month tenure at Ibrox - which makes it the shortest in the Glasgow club's history.

The decision was made after a meeting between Le Guen and chairman Sir David Murray.

"Having met with Paul, it was clear that in the interests of the club and all concerned we agreed jointly to him stepping down as manager," he told the club's website.

"We are all clearly disappointed with our current circumstances and will now focus on securing a suitable replacement.

"I would like to wish Paul and his management team well in the future."

Paul Le Guen added: "I am disappointed to leave the club, but I think it is the best solution for all concerned.

"I would like to thank all the people who helped me and my team during my spell in Scotland.

"In particular, I would like to thank the directors who at all times gave me their total support."

The club have confirmed that reserve team boss Iain Durrant will take temporary charge until a full time appointment is made.

Already a string of big names are being linked, including former Ibrox chiefs Walter Smith, Alex McLeish and Graeme Souness.

Sounds to me like the whole Ferguson thing has been a way of PLG getting out of the club and his reign which has gone tits-up. Maybe was a good thing he went to Rangers and not Newcastle. Was Lyon his only managment experience before Rangers?

He was at Rennes for a few years before Lyon, and did quite well, signed cheap and nasties and made them in to stars like El Hadji Diouf, then he went to Lyon won 3 leagues in a row, had a while off and fucked off to Rangers.

It was widely reported he delayed his decision on Rangers to see whether the toon would come in, personally his record speaks for itself and is a good manager who was wasted at a mickey mouse outfit like Rangers.  It was always going to take a few years for him to get the side and way he wanted to play right.

Ferguson is a cunt, Jimmy Calderwood, Dowie, Burley or Souness will get the job, someone shite anyway.  Billy Davies would be the best they could get.

He was at Rennes for a few years before Lyon, and did quite well, signed cheap and nasties and made them in to stars like El Hadji Diouf, then he went to Lyon won 3 leagues in a row, had a while off and fucked off to Rangers.

It was widely reported he delayed his decision on Rangers to see whether the toon would come in, personally his record speaks for itself and is a good manager who was wasted at a mickey mouse outfit like Rangers.  It was always going to take a few years for him to get the side and way he wanted to play right.

Ferguson is a c***, Jimmy Calderwood, Dowie, Burley or Souness will get the job, someone shite anyway.  Billy Davies would be the best they could get.

Given another season he would have made Rangers the dominant force in Scotland without a doubt.

Ferguson is a c***, Jimmy Calderwood, Dowie, Burley or Souness will get the job, someone shite anyway.  Billy Davies would be the best they could get.

Given another season he would have made Rangers the dominant force in Scotland without a doubt.

I agree over a few seasons.  Lets face it player for player when everyones fit, we're a much better side than Celtic, and I think PLG would've done it over a 3 year period.  He was always a cut above Rangers though.

No chance. Hes f**ked up big time with the players hes brought in and has found an escape route. The players he bought are shite, they definately are not capable of making rangers the dominant force in Scotland within 2 seasons. Maybe if PLG had joined us then he would of done better with having a much better squad to start with and more money to spend but now its a risk im glad the fat one didnt take.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I wonder if Le Guen delibrately picked a fight with Ferguson to cover the fact he knew his time was nearly up anyway.

The same thing that happened with Shearer and Gullitt.