Scouts

Guest Lee-Mus

Guest Lee-Mus

Correct me if I'm wrong but a scout's job is to scout for players for the club to buy in cases when a club may need to bolster it's squad in a certain position??

If so why the f**k do NUFC pay scouts who obviously dont do their job properly, because if they did we would not be worrying about who is coming in the scouts would have found players who can fill the position we need.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a scout's job is to scout for players for the club to buy in cases when a club may need to bolster it's squad in a certain position??

If so why the f**k do NUFC pay scouts who obviously dont do their job properly, because if they did we would not be worrying about who is coming in the scouts would have found players who can fill the position we need.

We'd not have signed Krul, Bernard or N'Zogbia without good scouts. Factalactamundicioso.

A lot of the work a scout does depends on their contacts at clubs throughout the world, they need the "come and have a look at this kid" or " I will send you a video over of this one"

They cannot be at every game wathcing every playe.

The Gooners seem to have a great scouting system setup, I just wonder how many people they have who work in it.

Scouts don't really scout in the FM way where you dispatch them to scour Europe for a Left back. Mainly the manager will tell them a specfic target to scout or they will get a tip off about a promising player from an agent. Also a lot of there work is done with the academy, looking for that years influx of players.

It is quite a worry we are apparently going to look at that Faty fella a week INTO the transfer window.

Kind of makes you think we work on a "oh shit that transfer window is open again" system  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest FlapjackJoe

How many other clubs (barring maybe Arsenal), sign unknown European kids who turn out to be gems?

Bolton Wanderers, for one.

Ermmmm, except the "kids" are at least 38 years old.

How many other clubs (barring maybe Arsenal), sign unknown European kids who turn out to be gems?

:lol: :lol:

I think Tottenham scouts are doing pretty good job

When there is some young hot talent they are always there

They have signed Dawson,Tom Huddlestone,Aaron Lennon and Tottenham are always looking for young gifted players which means that their scouts are always active and alert of some talent

I cant say the same about ours :confused:

what if the scouts are the best their is but the other club says "no we aren't selling" or "we want five times that ammount"

reading some on here you'd think was so simple and that we get to know every bid and enquiry made.

Its never simple but if you find the talent in the very early age its more easy to compete with the big teams

Arsenal are the best example

Fabregas,Johan Djourou,Gael Clichy,Emmanuel Eboue,Philippe Senderos,Kolo Toure...

Great talents spoted by Wenger and his scouts

I think Wenger is the best manager who has the ability to found young talents and has the guts to play them :thup:

Scouting isn't as important now simply because anyone can watch a live game on Sky virtually every night so scouts or managers don't have to travel up and down the country all week looking at players.Technology has killed the scouting profession to some extent.

:lol: :lol:

I think Tottenham scouts are doing pretty good job

When there is some young hot talent they are always there

They have signed Dawson,Tom Huddlestone,Aaron Lennon and Tottenham are always looking for young gifted players which means that their scouts are always active and alert of some talent

I cant say the same about ours :confused:

:lol: