Same old same old?

mrmojorisin75

September 1st 2006 - widespread acknowledgement that we'd made an utter mess of recruitment during the window, subsequently backed up by injuries that have hit us in all the wrong places throughout the squad.

Now if it was me in Shepherd/Roeders position I'd have had our staff spending 18 hour days scouting the whole of Europe looking for players with the right ability/age etc... for the right price.  Anyone who doesn't think that these players exist are dreaming.

I'd have also made moves to agree the deals so that on 1st January 2007 we had players arriving into the club and getting settled, and perhaps more importantly not getting cup tied before this weekends game.

Now maybe it's me just being cynical given the way we've run our club recently, and maybe there are deals ongoing now that we don't know about and will all be pleased with, but I doubt it.  I think the likelihood is that the people within the club have focused their attentions on our immediate problems and have been distracted by takeover talk rather than taking care of what needed to be done.

What price an exact mirror of the summer when we should have been finding players from May-August and simply didn't do that?  I'd see the situation dragging on through January with pressure piling on top of Roeder throughout the month then him signing a late loan deal and maybe a short-term deal to the summer.

Anyone confident that this won't happen?  I'm not.

we're up a creek with not even as much as a fucking stick to paddle with  bluedead.gif

we shall see what happens, hope to god all us doubters are wrong

:lol: i know i was just saying yesterday on the "3 days no strong links" thread that it wouldn't be panic time for at least another week

Panic time isn't really the issue - if we sign nobody I'd be fairly confident that we'd limp to May without relegation worries.

The fact is that by the admission of Chairman/Manager we are short of players and still could win 2 cups if we strengthen now and in the right areas - but if we go into an extended FA Cup campaign on the back of a UEFA cup campiagn playing 19 year-old CB's at LB then the wheels might really come off....

Suppose it depends how ambitious we are for the rest of the season?

Panic time isn't really the issue - if we sign nobody I'd be fairly confident that we'd limp to May without relegation worries.

The fact is that by the admission of Chairman/Manager we are short of players and still could win 2 cups if we strengthen now and in the right areas - but if we go into an extended FA Cup campaign on the back of a UEFA cup campiagn playing 19 year-old CB's at LB then the wheels might really come off....

Suppose it depends how ambitious we are for the rest of the season?

:roll:

Suppose it depends on whether the players we want are available, will be released by their club and want to join Newcastle.