We're Not Signing Anybody!!

Mr. Slugworth

I've been reading through the news this morning and it seems quite clear that we're about the witness Part 2 of 'Glenn and Freddy's' devious 'lie to the fans to keep them from the truth' campaign.  The plain truth is simply this: THERE IS NO MONEY!! There never was, cos we blew it all last year!!

Glenn:  "There aren't any quality players..."; "We may need to loan more players..."

Freddy: "Munch, munch, munch..."  :)

We've been led to believe that we're gonna sign players this January.  Expect another last minute free transfer swoop and a couple of loan deals...  Unnacceptable.  The kids are playing well, but ffs, we're Newcastle United here, we're bigger than that!

And we could have had Campbell / Woodgate.  F**king shocking.  I'd be delighted if we finish the season in the top half of the table...

Guest Bellers

Agreed, that's why fans have been led down the rainbow road with Crouch. From various quotes it seems clear there is no money left in the pot. Roeder has been whinging about a lack of quality and has begun to talk ominously about loan signings. The constant link with Crouch will be to keep the fans with short term memory problems intrested...

I'm not saying we won't sign anyone, but if we do don't expect a lot...

Guest thommo78

is it really a disaster not to sugn anyone? Players are often over priced and clubs reluctant to release quality players as they can't get replacements. Why sign someone for signing sake. Even if we get defenders I doubt we will qualify for Europe this year. keep the money wait for the additional TV revenue see where we are in the summer. No it is not ambitious but signings in this transfer window are not going to suddenly propel us into a top 6 team.

I've been reading through the news this morning and it seems quite clear that we're about the witness Part 2 of 'Glenn and Freddy's' devious 'lie to the fans to keep them from the truth' campaign.  The plain truth is simply this: THERE IS NO MONEY!! There never was, cos we blew it all last year!!

Glenn:  "There aren't any quality players..."; "We may need to loan more players..."

We've been led to believe that we're gonna sign players this January.  Expect another last minute free transfer swoop and a couple of loan deals...  Unnacceptable.  The kids are playing well, but ffs, we're Newcastle United here, we're bigger than that!

And we could have had Campbell / Woodgate.  F**king shocking.  I'd be delighted if we finish the season in the top half of the table...

One a free transfer, the other a loan I believe

Guest Bellers

is it really a disaster not to sugn anyone? Players are often over priced and clubs reluctant to release quality players as they can't get replacements. Why sign someone for signing sake. Even if we get defenders I doubt we will qualify for Europe this year. keep the money wait for the additional TV revenue see where we are in the summer. No it is not ambitious but signings in this transfer window are not going to suddenly propel us into a top 6 team.

Grasping at straws mate...

We've done well to survive this long with the massive injury problems we have. We need bodies and bodies with a bit of quality in to cover the threadbear defence and strikeforce.

Guest Bellers

Don't kid yourself...

I had a feeling this would happen, no money but lead the fans along.  Everyman and his dog can see that our squad is threadbare.

Freddy gave the rest of the our Overdarft to Souness to waste.  Now we are paying for it.

We aren't that many points off relegation you know.

What amuses me about this post us that he contradicts himself. First off he says we are not going to sign anyone then he says expect last minute freebees and loans. I'd rather they didn't piss our money away and spent it wisely. Neither Fred nor Roeder have promised us anything.

I'm starting to worry that this might be the truth.

Pragmatically, no club ANYWHERE is in as drastic a need of signings as we are. Yet nearly a week into the window right now and we don't even have any realistic links.

If Fat Fred had half a brain, he knew that he HAD to sign if he could, if only because the fans would be panic-ing like this and all the good will built up towards the club with the recent upturn in form would be washed away. EVERYONE who supports this club has been holding their breaths, waiting desperately for january. And the effect on supporter morale is simply devastating.

But even though the club needs new signings, both to play and to keep the fans happy, it doesn't seem to be making headway on any. Are we to draw the desperate conclusion that the reason for this is because it simply doesn't have the money?

....I certainly hope I'm wrong.

No but they might ensure we remain a premiership club

What amuses me about this post us that he contradicts himself. First off he says we are not going to sign anyone then he says expect last minute freebees and loans. I'd rather they didn't piss our money away and spent it wisely. Neither Fred nor Roeder have promised us anything.

I meant permanent, long-term signings, not token gestures and desperate stop-gaps

I meant permanent, long-term signings, not token gestures and desperate stop-gaps

I'd be delighted with an d'Alessandro type 'stop gap' that Pompy got last season

Shay Given said this couple of days before:We need good quality players in :confused:

That means that even the players are aware that our squad is short of bodies and quality(in defence)

If Roeder and fat fred didnt sign quality players,after january and after some bad games the situation wont be good neither for the club or nor fat fred and Roeder.

Fat Fred if you dont have the money and ifyou love Newcastle as much as you said  please sell the club to someone who will give money when they are needed

Is it Roeder's fault if we have no money? Of course not, stop trying to blame him. Even if we have no money I doubt Freddie has told roeder aboput it until the window actually opened so it's not like he knowingly lied to us.

Also I'm sick of people saying we could have had Woodgate. We tried to sign him and he had a meeting with Newcastle people but in the end he decided he wanted to play for his hometown club.

Guest SmileyCulture

Christ.. *checks url* whats with people? you say you're supports but you spent 99% of the time slagging off the players/managers/owners (between wins that is), i'm obviously not claiming things are perfect and shepherd isn't a complete nonse but ffs show a little support for the team you claim to support.

The last thing we need Roeder doing is going out and spending what little money he has to spend on shit players, give him time - i'd be very suprised if he wasn't in talks with 1-2 players as-is and that he isn't just keeping it quiet.

I don't see the point in these sorts of threads until the last few days of the transfer window.. just a knee-jerk response to hearing nothing about the transfer situation. Also i'd like to note the numerous times Freddy has said theirs a 10mill coffer for Roeder to dig into.

5 days into the transfer window. Huh this thread came a little later than I expected. FFS we're at January 5th. The transfer window hasn't even been open a week. Wait another 3 weeks and if we still haven't signed anyone, then post the kinda thing you just have.

5 days into the transfer window. Huh this thread came a little later than I expected. FFS we're at January 5th. The transfer window hasn't even been open a week. Wait another 3 weeks and if we still haven't signed anyone, then post the kinda thing you just have.

The same was said in the Summer.

Not expecting much activity, but expect at least one on loan and one permanent buy by the 31st