We're Not Signing Anybody!!

Mr. Slugworth

Guest Bellers

5 days into the transfer window. Huh this thread came a little later than I expected. FFS we're at January 5th. The transfer window hasn't even been open a week. Wait another 3 weeks and if we still haven't signed anyone, then post the kinda thing you just have.

Strange your usually the negative one :wink:

We're just saying the signs are there that we're not going to make any major movement in the window, we're not actually moaning about the window...

...yet!

Christ.. *checks url* whats with people? you say you're supports but you spent 99% of the time slagging off the players/managers/owners (between wins that is), i'm obviously not claiming things are perfect and shepherd isn't a complete nonse but ffs show a little support for the team you claim to support.

The last thing we need Roeder doing is going out and spending what little money he has to spend on shit players, give him time - i'd be very suprised if he wasn't in talks with 1-2 players as-is and that he isn't just keeping it quiet.

I don't see the point in these sorts of threads until the last few days of the transfer window.. just a knee-jerk response to hearing nothing about the transfer situation. Also i'd like to note the numerous times Freddy has said theirs a 10mill coffer for Roeder to dig into.

Could you post a link to Freddy saying this?

Strange your usually the negative one :wink:

I know  :lol: but rightfully I was complaining on August 31st in the evening when there was 4 hours left to go in the transfer window, not 4 weeks!  bluebiggrin.gif

We offered more for Huth than Boro did (6mill) in the last window in an attempt to hijack the deal at the last minute, so we must have money to spend.

It looked to me that we were financing that deal by selling Milner to Villa. When the Huth transfer fell through, and we were knocked back for Knight, then Milner was recalled.

I don't think we've got anything available for transfers above that which can be generated by selling. I can't see that the situation will have changed much from August to January.

I don't know why but I love reading all of these kinds of threads during transfer windows  snigger.gif

People tend to argue with what quotes from the past mean and how they apply to certain transfers situations, was proper hilarious checking the posts on the eve of the last window!!

I'm just going to wait it out even tho as much as it kills me reading about other clubs getting players, I'm going to try and be patient.....surely we have to get in at least 4 players as its plain to everyone how paper thin the squad is

Hopefully there'll be people in the chatroom at the end of this window going totally crazy bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Gemmill

We all know what's coming, so no point getting nervous or tense about it.  Fred's already got "Transfer window fuck-up" pencilled into his diary for the 31st of Jan.  Let's just chill out and wait for the 31st.

Very little or no money didn't stop Arsene Wenger.  If Glenn is really gonna make it as a manager and not just a coach, now is the time to prove it.  I don't believe that there aren't any quality players out there, that's bollocks.  The trick is finding the ones that everyone else and his f**king brother doesn't already know about (ffs, do they do their scouting on MOTD??).  Why aren't we in for the type of player that Sam Allardyce has been so successfull with over the last few years.  Tal Ben Haim?? Who the f*ck had heard of him before he signed for Bolton.  And it's no wonder that GR admires Wenger so much: Toure, Senderos, Eboue, Fabregas, Van Persie... No more than £5 million between them.  It would seem to me that our scouting infrastructure is a f**king embarassment - don't we have teams of guys compiling reports and watching f**king junior leagues around the world.  Clearly we don't.  I ask, why not, given that our competitors all now do (even f**king Spurs have completely left us behind here).  We need a Director of Football to organise this stuff and let Glenn get on with coaching the first team!!!!  :wullie:

Guest Mr Sands

This is REAL life, not FM2007.

Why is it that people think they need to point this out all the f***ing time?

I think this could happen, we may be lucky to get a few loan deals, a club in our situation should have been ready to act as soon as the window opend. I duon't know if its Fred with no dosh or Roeder who just cannot decide on who he wants to bring in.

Yesh okay they have said time and time again they want to keep any sigings as quiet as possible, thats great nut then we have Roeder in the press saying things like ...

He said: "There are not a lot of quality players out there at the moment, but this does not mean we cannot find two or three players who will suit our needs.

"We have had Seppe Rossi on loan but can still take another couple in this transfer window and that's what we may have to do.

"What I do not want to do is to sign players who we will be lumbered with for the next three-and-a-half years. There is a saying in football that while you cannot hide good players, you cannot get rid of bad players and we want to avoid that."

"There are not a lot of qulaity players out there at the momenet" - BOLLOCKS!!

"does not mean we cannot find two or three players who will suit our needs" WE SHOULD HAVE ALREADY FOUND THEM!!

Guest *newcastle 4 life*

Christ.. *checks url* whats with people? you say you're supports but you spent 99% of the time slagging off the players/managers/owners (between wins that is), i'm obviously not claiming things are perfect and shepherd isn't a complete nonse but ffs show a little support for the team you claim to support.

The last thing we need Roeder doing is going out and spending what little money he has to spend on shit players, give him time - i'd be very suprised if he wasn't in talks with 1-2 players as-is and that he isn't just keeping it quiet.

I don't see the point in these sorts of threads until the last few days of the transfer window.. just a knee-jerk response to hearing nothing about the transfer situation. Also i'd like to note the numerous times Freddy has said theirs a 10mill coffer for Roeder to dig into.

exactly... don't forget all the players that are injured.... not all of them are going to be out for much longer

Very little or no money didn't stop Arsene Wenger.  If Glenn is really gonna make it as a manager and not just a coach, now is the time to prove it.  I don't believe that there aren't any quality players out there, that's bollocks.  The trick is finding the ones that everyone else and his f**king brother doesn't already know about (ffs, do they do their scouting on MOTD??).  Why aren't we in for the type of player that Sam Allardyce has been so successfull with over the last few years.  Tal Ben Haim?? Who the f*ck had heard of him before he signed for Bolton.  And it's no wonder that GR admires Wenger so much: Toure, Senderos, Eboue, Fabregas, Van Persie... No more than £5 million between them.  It would seem to me that our scouting infrastructure is a f**king embarassment - don't we have teams of guys compiling reports and watching f**king junior leagues around the world.  Clearly we don't.  I ask, why not, given that our competitors all now do (even f**king Spurs have completely left us behind here).  We need a Director of Football to organise this stuff and let Glenn get on with coaching the first team!!!!  :wullie:

One problem though...you're comparing us and Roeder to Arsenal and Wenger. It's widely known that Wenger is the best manager in the world for finding young talents. It's not fair for Glen to be compared with Arsene, ffs, even Mourinhos transfers and scouting is terrible if you're comparing it to Wenger's.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

If there are approaches then why would anyone expect them to out in the open?  I would imagine that Roeder and Sheherd have been busy over the past few weeks getting themselves a list of targets.  Now there's a window system the targets would be wined and dined by all and sundry at the moment and it is they who make the final decision.   

A lot of this will be going on behind closed doors and most transfer news, for any club, is pure speculation and rumour at the moment.  And it will be until the end of the window.

Over the summer Martins and Sibieski were brought in.  Sibs on the last day for a free which was a surprise to us all.  This shows two things; that there's plenty of time and also that Roeder can keep his cards close to his chest.

For all we know there could be contracts in front of three or four players now.  Let's take it easy with the transfer rumour and at least be thankful that Roeder isn't as slapdash as Souness with the kitty.