Sky Broadband

Guest Smudger

Guest Smudger

Has anyone got this yet??

Ive just ordered the Max package with no activiation fee and £10 a month for up to 16mb speeds with no download or upload limits. Was told ( I accept this might not be true) that as I live very close to an exchange my line supports speeds of up to 17.8mb.  :confused:

Was told the router etc should arrive within 5 working days. ( I wont hold my breath  :lol:)

Just wondering if anyone has it already and if so how you finiding it? Any problems with set-up? and download speeds?

Cheers  :thup:

P.S I should say I did do a search to see if there was a thread on this already but there wasnt one dedicated to Sky BB so  tongue.gif

I'm on the Connect package at the minute as the 3 main packages have apparantly not reached the area yet, planning to go on the mid package but may have to re-think that now I'm online with the Xbox 360, anyway speeds have been good not been down at all in the few months it's been on.

You're right not to expect the stuff to come in 5 days though, was about 2 weeks before it arrived for me and that was even after phoning Sky about 7 days after receiving the letter about the stuff being there in 5 days.

Guest Smudger
You're right not to expect the stuff to come in 5 days though, was about 2 weeks before it arrived for me and that was even after phoning Sky about 7 days after receiving the letter about the stuff being there in 5 days.

Cheers Buxton I thought as much. Good to hear the speeds are consistent though.

Been pretty shit for me so far. Connection drops all the time and the customer service was awful. However, it's four times as fast as I had before and is cheaper, so I can live with it.

Bear in mind though they they are struggling with the number of people registering (IMO), so it should straighten itself out.

Guest Smudger

Been pretty shit for me so far. Connection drops all the time and the customer service was awful. However, it's four times as fast as I had before and is cheaper, so I can live with it.

Bear in mind though they they are struggling with the number of people registering (IMO), so it should straighten itself out.

Sounds like most new cheap services suffer form this. I remember Talk Talk (I think it was) got absolutely lambasted in the press for being massively over subscribed and unable to cope when they released their new cheap bb/phone service. Lets hope Sky can do better.

Agree with the terrible customer service, I work with them!  :roll:

You're right though, really over subscribed and it should balance out.

tbh up to 16mbps download speeds for £10 a month is a bit too good to be sniffed at. Hope you're not looking for a sky.com e-mail address, cos I know people who signed up in August and have never had e-mail!

btw...

I don't have Sky broadband (live in NI so for the forseeable future, can only get connect package), I'm with talk talk, and they're ok, a few problems, but cheap as chips...

Guest Smudger

Hope you're not looking for a sky.com e-mail address, cos I know people who signed up in August and have never had e-mail.

Well I do want one as when we leave NTL we are gonna loose that email addy and already know what our Sky.com address is supposed to be.Im gonna ring them and double check this. Cheers for the heads up.

Guest Smudger

I'd never rely on an ISP for email purposes, makes it a pain when you switch providers. Get a Gmail account! :)

I thought you had to know someone with an account to forward you an invite? If you have a spare invite going mind I wouldnt mind it if you could pm me with it. It would be much appreciated.

Cheers