Boy killed by Game Boy

Chrissy Bee

Daily Mirror front page leads with holiday accident

UK tabloid The Daily Mirror today leads with a story of a tragic holiday accident and a half-page headline stating: "Killed by Xmas Game Boy."

The story, also on the red top's website, tells of 7 year-old Connor O'Keefe, who was electrocuted while unplugging a charger in his hotel room in Thailand.

"There should be some kind of warning about different electrical currents you get abroad because this would not have happened in England," said the mother of the child, Kathleen Curry.

She also said that Connor was aware of the dangers of electricity, while police at the Sunset Beach Hotel in Phuket described the incident as a tragic accident.

All Game Boy handhelds come with numerous safety warnings in the manual and on printed leaflets, detailing consumer information and precautions. Instruction booklets also warn that devices 'must be used with the recommended power supply', and that they conform to the EEC's Low Voltage Directive.

Nintendo was unavailable for comment at the time of writing.

So...in actual fact the headline should be "Boy electrocuted because his dumbfuck careless parents let him stick his fingers in an electrical socket"?

Fuck all to do with Game Boy really, is it?

Guest Gemmill

Aye, a horrible accident, but fuck all to do with Nintendo.  "Nintendo were unavailable for comment".  What are they expecting - some executive to come out of Nintendo towers, stride up to the podium, tap the mic and say "Errrr....don't stick your fingers in electrical sockets.  End of message."

Aye, a horrible accident, but F*** all to do with Nintendo.  "Nintendo were unavailable for comment".  What are they expecting - some executive to come out of Nintendo towers, stride up to the podium, tap the mic and say "Errrr....don't stick your fingers in electrical sockets.  End of message."

Classify it as a public service and you'll have done your good deed for the day.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

did you hear about that guy who was on his computer so long he got a blood clot in his arse and ended uup dying? HTT tbh

Guest Bellers

did you hear about that guy who was on his computer so long he got a blood clot in his arse and ended uup dying? HTT tbh

Don't be daft, HTT was the guy who jumped into a pool of sharks at the sea life centre and was eaten alive...

I was expecting the harrowing tale of a boy savagely clubbed to death with a pink DS. Dissapointed, tbh.

Seriously though, what a f***ing non-story.

you see how different people can take the same line differently.....i thought the lad had been killed by a half game half boy hybrid,some pheasent phil or guninea fowl gary.

I was expecting the harrowing tale of a boy savagely clubbed to death with a pink DS. Dissapointed, tbh.

Seriously though, what a f***ing non-story.

you see how different people can take the same line differently.....i thought the lad had been killed by a half game half boy hybrid,some pheasent phil or guninea fowl gary.

:lol:

Guest Ridzuan

I went to Thailand a couple of weeks ago and I agree that their electrical socket was somewhat different from our usual electrical socket and I had to buy an additional plug to charge my cellphone.Anyway back to the news,it just explain that parents nowadays are becoming more and more careless in protecting their children,especially the young ones.

I went to Thailand a couple of weeks ago and I agree that their electrical socket was somewhat different from our usual electrical socket and I had to buy an additional plug to charge my cellphone.Anyway back to the news,it just explain that parents nowadays are becoming more and more careless in protecting their children,especially the young ones.

I agree, couldn't think of a worse group of parents!

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6684/abcvr5.png

Guest BooBoo

I agree, couldn't think of a worse group of parents!

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6684/abcvr5.png

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif