Milner in contract talks

Skirge

Good news  :thup: :thup:

Skysports.com understand Newcastle are in talks with James Milner about a new deal at St James' Park.

Milner has been one of Newcastle's major successes this season after returning from a loan spell at Aston Villa last season.

The former Leeds man was close to a move to Villa in the summer before Newcastle pulled the plug on the deal.

Milner has established himself as a regular under Glenn Roeder this term and he has produced some impressive performances including scoring in the 2-2 draw with Manchester United on New Year's Day.

The talented winger has been linked with a move away from Tyneside, but it is believed Newcastle are ready to reward the England international with a contract extension.

Skysports.com understand Milner's representatives are locked in talks with Newcastle officials and are hopeful of reaching a successful conclusion soon.

Shouldn't be on more than £25,000 as that is the appropriate wage to pay a 21 year old with much to learn.

We could however give him a 5% per year wage rise if he commits himself to a lengthly deal.

Shouldn't be on more than £25,000 as that is the appropriate wage to pay a 21 year old with much to learn.

We could however give him a 5% per year wage rise if he commits himself to a lengthly deal.

21 yesterday

Good move and well deserved, if anything it gives us the right to hold out for more money should anyone be properly bidding for him.

His adaptability will be key over the next couple of months, lets hope his game also continues to improve.

I think he has earned a new contract with his displays this season and his decent season at Aston Villa. The lad is hardwork and  doesn't seem to be a primadonna, he may never turn out to be a World beater but he will be a useful member of the squad!

At last, commonsense prevails!  Milner may never be world-class, but he's the type of player to build a solid team around.  With the right coaching, the lad could develop into an England regular.  How we could ever have thought about selling him so cheaply, and to have treated him like we did was shameful.  The Milners', N'Zogbias' and Taylors' are this club's future.  Come on James lad, we're behind you!!

I keep on forgetting the lads only 21. He been around for 5 years now and has come on leaps and bounds. He deserves his new contract and i hope he keeps on steadily progeesing. Consumate pro.

I keep on forgetting the lads only 21. He been around for 5 years now and has come on leaps and bounds. He deserves his new contract and i hope he keeps on steadily progeesing. Consumate pro.

Got to agree, i'm very impressed the way he has kept his head down and got on with things after the joke in the summer. Put it this way, if my employer treated me like that i'd be off, personally. He's worked hard and proven that the club were wrong to think about getting rid of him - if he signs it'll be nice that someone has used that proof in a positive way.

Thing is because Rooney came along so young and was so good people expect anyone who is over the age of 19 to be class already. Maybe he will be a late developer. 21 is still very young, I would say a player up to the age of around about 25-26 has still pontential for significant improvement.

As a all round footballer Andy Cole improved from what he was at Newcastle and he was no spring chicken at the time.

Milner has a few years to prove whether he is International material. I think he maybe just short of International level but seeing as he is young I wouldn't count out the chance of him making a full England International one day.

This is obviously our big new signing in the January transfer window. We could add to that with a defender (Bramble) nothing would surprise me anymore

Or even better, Craig Moore could decide to do a Shearer-like U-turn and announce that he's staying in England one more year before returning to Oz. Could we contain our excitement?