Gareth Bale Left out of Saints FA Cup Squad

Memphis

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=7934

Torquay: (from) Horsell, Andrews, Woods, Angus, Reed, Motteram, Hockley, Murray, Mansell, McPhee, Thorpe, Villis, Hill, McKoy.

Saints: (from) Davis, Ostlund, Baird, Powell, Makin, Licka, Wright, Pele, Sarmiento, Rasiak, Wright-Phillips, McGoldrick, Viafara, Prutton, Gillett, Cranie, Lallana, James, Bialkowski.

Wonder how long it will be before he moves?

Southampton need the funds so don't want to cup-tie him, simple as that.

Apparently, Southampton aren't being entirely truthful when they are saying that they have rejected other bids, they are just hoping that some silly spending rich club are going to join this imaginary auction and overbid its non-existant rivals.

The old hamstring trouble before a cup game :roll:

Didn't Reyes have the same problem last year before a Champions League qualifier?

Don't think it is us as I can't see us being able to stump up the kind of cash that will entice Soton!

Guest rosstoon

He has turned down a 3 year contract at Southampton. I believe he only signed a short term pro deal. Saints are now willing to let him go.  He wants to go to Arsenal but they have not shown any interest. 2 teams have had £5 million bids turned down that is Man utd and Tottenham. Newcatsle have inquired about him and Roeder has been told that they will let him know when he becomes available. What I've heard is that he does not want to go to Man utd.

To be honest I think we would be the best place for him to go as he will definitely get games, still think he will be a big risk at the price.

Ive only seen him play once and that was for Wales so i cant really comment on how good he is but i'll be disappointed if we spend £6m+ on him, TBH i want to see us going for a proven LB because we aint just gambling £6m+ we are gambling on the LB position because we dont have a LB to fall back on. If we had a good LB like Wayne Bridge then i'd be over the moon to see us getting young players in and showing signs of preparing for the future but as it is all i wanna see us doing is stablising and getting the team balanced, then when we have a good solid 1st team we should take gambles.

I watched this yesterday and i was speechless...

And he is only 17

Do you think Babayaro or Carr can do that with a ball :lol: :lol:

I reckon Babayaro could give him a good run for his money, but you'd probably have to pay him £30,000 to get his arse off the grass to have a go.

Carr would John Smith 'Avvv it!'

To be honest I think we would be the best place for him to go as he will definitely get games, still think he will be a big risk at the price.

Us and Spurs, out of the four main interested clubs (Man Utd and Arsenal aswell), are the two clubs which would be best for him. But he probably won't come to either of us, because the other two are in the Champions League. He'll be wasted at Man Utd, simple as, unless they sell Heinze. And at Arsenal, he's just be another youngster.

If Gareth Bale wants the big-time: enormous wages, San Siros and Nou Camps, guaranteed trophies, and four or five starts a season - he'll go to United or Arsenal. If he wants to play regular football and fight for trophies - he'll go to either us or Tottenham.

It's in his hands tbh.

Us and Spurs, out of the four main interested clubs (Man Utd and Arsenal aswell), are the two clubs which would be best for him. But he probably won't come to either of us, because the other two are in the Champions League. He'll be wasted at Man Utd, simple as, unless they sell Heinze. And at Arsenal, he's just be another youngster.

If Gareth Bale wants the big-time: enormous wages, San Siros and Nou Camps, guaranteed trophies, and four or five starts a season - he'll go to United or Arsenal. If he wants to play regular football and fight for trophies - he'll go to either us or Tottenham.

It's in his hands tbh.

Definately going to Manure.