January Transfer Window thread attempt 3

Syrette

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=439171&CPID=8&clid=54&lid=3&title=Cottagers+close+on+Montella

Roma forward Vincenzo Montella is reportedly on the brink of sealing a loan move to Fulham.

Reports in Italy claim that the Giallorossi star left without training on Wednesday in order to finalise the details of a temporary switch to Craven Cottage.

Fulham boss Chris Coleman has already confirmed his interest in the striker who has failed to win a regular place under Luciano Spalletti at Stadio Olimpico this season.

The signing of the player who helped Roma to the 2001 Serie A title during a seven-year spell in the Eternal City would represent something of a coup for The Cottagers as they look to add to their squad in January.

Whilst no official confirmation has been forthcoming from either club, Roma defender Philippe Mexes has wished his former team-mate well in the Premiership.

"I hope he will score many goals in England and also that he one day comes back to Roma," said Mexes.

Fulham are also believed to be closing in on the signing of United States international Oguchi Onyewu, whilst his compatriot Clint Dempsey is also awaiting confirmation of a work permit before sealing his switch to West London.

However classy forward Montella could well be the first January arrival confirmed by Coleman when the Italian market formally opens on Thursday.

Midget but still could have been a body....

Guest TampaToon

with all these pools of national talent gathering on different squads, who'd have thought there was a place in the Prem for an American clique on a club? Fulham's not looking bad with those 3 moves.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=439155&CPID=8&clid=5&lid=3&title=Neill+bidders+make+offers

Skysports.com can reveal that Blackburn Rovers have received bids for their wantaway captain Lucas Neill.

Neill is entering the final six months of his contract and at Ewood Park and the Australian star has made it clear he does not want to sign a new deal.

While Rovers continue to press Neill to sign, they realise that this month will be their last chance to get any money for the player, who has been with them for over five years.

Neill joined for £1million from Millwall in 2001, but he decided last year that he wanted to leave the club.

His stunning performance at the World Cup for Australia saw a host of clubs sit up and take notice.

Liverpool have long been favourites to secure his signature and they lodged a bid for him in August, along with Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur - only for Rovers to repel the offers.

Barcelona and Milan have since hinted they would be very interested in securing his services, while over clubs in La Liga are also following his situation.

Now we can reveal that since the transfer window opened at the start of this month, Rovers have indeed received offers for the 28-year-old.

"We know there have been bids put in for him," Neill's agent Peter Harrison confirmed to skysports.com. 

"There is a lot of interest from England and abroad."

It is understood previous suitors Liverpool and Newcastle are again interested, but the interest is so widespread, Neill could have a clutch of offers to consider - should Blackburn accept the bids.

EXCLUSIVE 

Hammers to land £9.8m SWP

By IAN McGARRY and SHAUN CUSTIS

January 04, 2007

WEST HAM believe they have landed Shaun Wright-Phillips in a £9.8million deal.

The Upton Park club have agreed the fee with Chelsea.

SunSport can reveal Hammers chief Alan Curbishley is confident of signing Wright-Phillips, 24, and is just awaiting permission to finalise the player’s personal terms.

West Ham’s new owner Eggert Magnusson and Chelsea have ironed out the transfer.

But Blues boss Jose Mourinho has yet to give his permission for the sale.

He is wary of losing another player when Joe Cole could miss the rest of the season through injury and Dutch star Arjen Robben is out with a muscle tear.

Mourinho wants to bring in a top-quality replacement before saying ‘Yes’ to Wright-Phillips going.

Porto’s Portuguese winger Ricardo Quaresma is a Mourinho target. But he is ineligible to play in the Champions League, as he is cup-tied.

West Ham are desperate to add the flying Wright-Phillips to their struggling squad in a bid to stave off relegation.

Maugnusson believes investing such a huge sum would be a clear sign of the club’s faith in Curbishley, despite Monday’s six-goal thrashing at Reading.

Wright-Phillips, keen to remain in London, has another option if the Hammers move breaks down.

Newcastle have made a late attempt to scupper it by trying to get the player on loan.

The Geordies would be happy to take him for six months while he weighs up his options and, in the meantime, allow him the chance to prove his worth as a Premiership player.

Toon boss Glenn Roeder has made his interest clear and is awaiting a reply from Chelsea.

Wright-Phillips has already let it be known he is cool on any possible return to former club Manchester City.

Newcastle are also keen to net Manchester United’s England defender Wes Brown, while Everton’s James Beattie could also become a target if they fail to capture Liverpool’s Peter Crouch.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007000366,00.html

MARK VIDUKA is set to snub West Ham and opt for a summer move to Italy.

The Middlesbrough hitman, 31, has been offered a deal by Genoa for next season and is likely to sign a pre-contract agreement with the Serie B club next week.

Spurs and Newcastle have also made inquiries as Boro have only just opened talks about an extension to his £40,000-a-week contract.

Coleman making some astute signings there. Dempsey is quality.

Wish we were after the Gooch tbh.  Would be fantastic back there with Taylor I think. 

He was shockingly bad in the world cup

Coleman making some astute signings there. Dempsey is quality.

Wish we were after the Gooch tbh.  Would be fantastic back there with Taylor I think. 

He was shockingly bad in the world cup

Fair enough if you think that but I haven't met many who share that opinion.  Which, speaking of:

On December 26, 2006, Onyewu was voted U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year, mainly because of his strong performance earlier that year at the World Cup. He was the first defender to earn the award since Alexi Lalas in 1995.

Donovan, McBride, Beasley and Dempsey, I felt, all had much worse world cups than Oguchi. 

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

PORTSMOUTH are lining up a £1.5million move for top Nigerian defender Taye Taiwo.

Marseille left-back Taiwo, 21, had talks with Pompey boss Harry Redknapp last week.

Pompey’s Nigerian striker Kanu recommended his national team-mate to Redknapp.

Taiwo’s elder brother Waheed confirmed: “My brother went to London to discuss his possible move to Portsmouth.”

From the sun but for that price lets get in there! Come on Oba have a word  :thup:

PORTSMOUTH are lining up a £1.5million move for top Nigerian defender Taye Taiwo.

Marseille left-back Taiwo, 21, had talks with Pompey boss Harry Redknapp last week.

Pompey’s Nigerian striker Kanu recommended his national team-mate to Redknapp.

Taiwo’s elder brother Waheed confirmed: “My brother went to London to discuss his possible move to Portsmouth.”

From the sun but for that price lets get in there! Come on Oba have a word  :thup:

Weren't we linked with him a while back? 1,5 million seems a very reasonable price for such a huge talent and it's for one of our problem positions too..

Guest teepee

lets hope we are one of the clubs in for neill - although i dont think, rb is a top priority he will be leaving pretty cheaply i suppose.

as for that nigerian left back - is he actually any good? or is he another babayaro?

He is alot better than Babayaro and he is 21.

I have watched him a couple of times and he is very powerful,strong,like scoring from free kicks

But i think he is worth alot more than 1.5m :confused:

lets hope we are one of the clubs in for neill - although i dont think, rb is a top priority he will be leaving pretty cheaply i suppose.

as for that nigerian left back - is he actually any good? or is he another babayaro?

He's good on FM 07... no idea about real life... I fairly sure most of the people on this board are basing their opinion on FM a lot of the time.

That's not fair, I'm sure they look at YouTube clips as well. There's a 4 minute one of this bloke taking (mostly pretty crap) free kicks accompanied by bad rap music. Sign him up!

Guest AceDeuce

taiwo is great.

seen him play a lot of times at marseille and national team.

great player and he got a hellova shot.

but i cant belive olympique is going to give him away for just 1.5