Jose's Bid for Bent

Nobby

Transfer window thread.

ffs, why don't you just put everything into one thread.

It's January, most threads are going to be about transfers apart from the usual (ironic) rants about the Board being shit, Roeder being shit or Fred eating a family sized pie all on his own.

:roll:

Forum police, or what.

If Chelsea offered £10m, Charlton would snap there hands off.

Injured for 5 weeks, verge of relegation, manager who needs funds.

Deal would be done within a couple of days as Charlton can maybe spend wisely and get some decent players in before the window closes.

If Charlton recieve that money, and put it towards the £6m they've apparently got this window, Pardew could possibly rescue the club, just maybe.

as i said at 10 last night...

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7619/picture1nw5.png

By IAN McGARRY

January 06, 2007

CHELSEA have been quoted a staggering £18million for Darren Bent.

Jose Mourinho made his move on Thursday — but is understood to have asked for time to think over Charlton’s astonishing price tag.

Addicks boss Alan Pardew admitted yesterday for the first time he would consider parting with the club captain in the January window.

Pardew explained: “If he hadn’t been injured, the decision was categorically that Darren wasn’t going anywhere.

“But I’m having to see how things go and how he responds to the injury. He might not be back for another five or six weeks and that might be too late for us.

“So it’s something I am thinking about.

“If someone wants to pay for him in this window they’ll have to wait until he gets fit.

“They might be in a position to do that whereas I might not be.”

Pardew added: “There has been interest in Darren. I think that’s the case in every window.

“This is a top-class player in my view. The injury changes things.

“We are trying to locate a striker to replace him.”

Mourinho is desperate to recruit a new hitman with proven Premiership ability.

England international Bent, 22, is eligible for the Champions League and was seen as a possible back-up for Didier Drogba.

But Bent’s knee injury could prove a deal breaker.West Ham are also in the hunt for Bent and are thought to be ready to offer £5m plus Hayden Mullins and Marlon Harewood.

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley is also desperate for more firepower with Dean Ashton unlikely to return to action from his broken ankle before March.

Chelsea might now be tempted to scrap their interest in Bent and turn their attention to Tottenham’s England striker Jermain Defoe.

Hammers boss Curbishley is looking to bolster his defence, with Birmingham’s Matthew Upson a top target. But with so many clubs chasing the England centre-half, Curbishley is ready to make a bid of around £2m for Tottenham’s Anthony Gardner.

He attempted to buy Gardner while boss at Charlton but the move was scuppered by a knee problem.

Spurs boss Martin Jol would want to sign a replacement before letting Gardner leave.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007000758,00.html