Roeder sees the funny side of his injury woes

Dokko

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-2533433,00.html

Roeder sees the funny side of his injury woes

George Caulkin

Contemplating the vast emptiness of Newcastle United’s dressing-room, Glenn Roeder could not resist a chuckle when he heard fellow managers complaining about injuries. This week, Roeder conducted a training session comprising only four senior players, yet, unlike some of his peers, he has refrained from making easy excuses.

While he declined to pinpoint individuals, Roeder’s comments clearly referred to José Mourinho and Harry Redknapp. He has endured a prickly relationship with the latter since succeeding him at West Ham United.

There was wry humour in Roeder’s voice yesterday when he compared his meagre resources with those at other clubs; absenteeism for today’s FA Cup third-round tie away to Birmingham City is in double figures.

“I’m starting to have a giggle to myself at managers — and some very high-profile ones — who are complaining at having three or four players out,” he said. “They ought to try it up here for a week. We are having to stagger the times injured players come in for treatment because it is impossible to treat them all at 9.30am.”

Was he referring specifically to Mourinho? “I said ‘managers’,” Roeder replied. “There’s another one even farther south who has a saying about ‘bare bones’ and that would mean his last 18 players.”

------------------------------------------------

Fuking hell, that bad.  bluebigeek.gif

You cant help but :lol: can you?

But whose fault for the injury situation in Newcastle United?

Really purely down to lucks!!?

exactly..

When Souness was here people didn't hesitate to blame him over 'lady luck'.

Love the dig at Redknapp. :lol:

Mourinho's been a pathetic whining cunt in the last few weeks, even more so than usual. The way he's gone on and on about having a couple of injuries is hilarious when you see the sides we're putting out. Boo hoo, he could only put out a £30m defence for the last few weeks, while our £1.5m defence (the money all on a right winger) gets a draw against the team at the top. Tosser.

Don't even get me started on how Chelsea as a club and their supporters have gone on about Cech and Cudicini, they should be fucking embarrassed.

Love the dig at Redknapp. :lol:

Mourinho's been a pathetic whining cunt in the last few weeks, even more so than usual. The way he's gone on and on about having a couple of injuries is hilarious when you see the sides we're putting out. Boo hoo, he could only put out a £30m defence for the last few weeks, while our £1.5m defence (the money all on a right winger) gets a draw against the team at the top. Tosser.

Don't even get me started on how Chelsea as a club and their supporters have gone on about Cech and Cudicini, they should be fucking embarrassed.

Agreed, and I'm too drunk to add anything to that post. Well said.

Guest Bellers

But whose fault for the injury situation in Newcastle United?

Really purely down to lucks!!?

Tbf most of the injuries suffered have been impact injuries which we've all witnessed on the pitch...

"Was he referring specifically to Mourinho? “I said ‘managers’,” Roeder replied. “There’s another one even farther south who has a saying about ‘bare bones’ and that would mean his last 18 players.”"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thup:

Guest Gemmill

"Was he referring specifically to Mourinho? “I said ‘managers’,” Roeder replied. “There’s another one even farther south who has a saying about ‘bare bones’ and that would mean his last 18 players.”"

The jibe at Redknapp is idiotic. Saying "ooo he's complaining about injuries when he's down to his last 18 fit players". Yeah Glenn, Portsmouth have an injury crisis too, but because they signed some players in the summer, it hasn't hit them as badly as ours has hit us. Maybe you want to think about that before you poke fun at him. You might also want to think about the fact that they're 10 points and 8 places above us.

The jibe at Redknapp is idiotic. Saying "ooo he's complaining about injuries when he's down to his last 18 fit players". Yeah Glenn, Portsmouth have an injury crisis too, but because they signed some players in the summer, it hasn't hit them as badly as ours has hit us. Maybe you want to think about that before you poke fun at him. You might also want to think about the fact that they're 10 points and 8 places above us.

Indeed.