Darren Bent Available

gdm

Suprised tbh, first thing you want for a relegation battle is a goalscorer!

Very true but Charlton gave Dowie much more money than they ever gave Curbishley to spend in one summer and the idiot blew it such numpties as Faye, Traore etc etc.

I reckon they have to sell to buy.

He's the most valuable asset they have. If they can buy a few decent players with the money made from his sale they'll hope one or two of them hit form at the right time.

Thats my logic on it anyway.

Suprised tbh, first thing you want for a relegation battle is a goalscorer!

They likely accept they are doomed - plan for the future promotion push.

Aye. Bent's value will only go down from here.

Guest kingdawson

Looks like defoe may be off to Villa with Bent comming in.

Why? Defoe is in form and not injured. Stupid change IMO.

Think i agree with you tbh. Other reports are saying that Keane will be off to villa in a swap deal with Barry and Bent will be Keane's replacement. Think i like this deal better.

Get him. As much as we have other priorities I am salivating over the thought of Owen, Martins and Bent as our first three strikers. I dare say those 3 together could form the most lethal strikeforce the league has ever seen.

Get him. As much as we have other priorities I am salivating over the thought of Owen, Martins and Bent as our first three strikers. I dare say those 3 together could form the most lethal strikeforce the league has ever seen.

Wouldn't even be the best strikeforce we've had since we came into the Premier League and it wouldn't be the best strikeforce in the league at present either.

Think i agree with you tbh. Other reports are saying that Keane will be off to villa in a swap deal with Barry and Bent will be Keane's replacement. Think i like this deal better.

If Spurs fans think Barry will be going anywhere, then they're even more deluded than I imagined. You've got to be joking.

We desperately need new players in, and we've got plenty of money, why on earth would be sell our best player, who signed a new 4 year contract 4 months ago?

EDIT I see where you've got that now, some numpty on gg posting his fantasy move in reply to you. "Reports" my arse.

Wouldn't even be the best strikeforce we've had since we came into the Premier League and it wouldn't be the best strikeforce in the league at present either.

Agreed.

Owen 20+ goals a season providing he doesn't get crippled, Martins should be good for atleast 15+ and the Bent could produce another 20 goals. Can't think of many other clubs that can produce that sort of goal power.

I prefer Crouch instead of Bent if they cost the same amount of money just because we need some tall striker who can hold the ball and can play in the air

Just my humble opinion :)

Bent is a much, much better player than Crouch. Cliche I know, but it is true, for a big man, Crouch really isn't that good in the air.

Owen 20+ goals a season providing he doesn't get crippled, Martins should be good for atleast 15+ and the Bent could produce another 20 goals. Can't think of many other clubs that can produce that sort of goal power.

All the bits in bold are bollocks, sorry. Plus, you don't play them all together, and there's no suggestion we can provide that many goals to them.

Guest teepee

that must be charlton admitting they are doomed - and wanting to cash in before his vaule decreases.

i'd love him here - but i reckon he'd be way too expensive

Guest kingdawson

If Spurs fans think Barry will be going anywhere, then they're even more deluded than I imagined. You've got to be joking.

We desperately need new players in, and we've got plenty of money, why on earth would be sell our best player, who signed a new 4 year contract 4 months ago?

This comming from a person that supports a club that had  20+ page thread on there forum going on about Defoe apparantly being spotted at some hotel in Birmingham and some forum members even had the audacity to say they spoke with him on the phone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Its a well known fact that Barry is a spurs fan and if the money is right im pretty sure you'd accept regardless of Lerner's millions.