BBC vocab?

Guest optimistic nit

Guest optimistic nit

am i the only one who has noticed some changes in the words used in the coverage of the 3rd round of the cup?

firstly in the pool game lawro uses diving first but then changes quickly to simulation and says the decision was given "not in liverpools favour". secondly i've been hearing the losing sides of the fa cup being refered to as "second placed teams". what i'm asking is am i just imagining this or do you think the bbc has actually taken the bother to send a memo round about terms used while presenting and commentating  blueconfused.gif

it's best when motty says "overtime".

It's best when motty shuts the fuck up actually!!

Although, if it's in the privacy of his own home and there's absolutely no danger of me overhearing him, then I guess I don't mind what he says - I ain't no fascist!! ;)

aye - and what is really irritating is they refer to someone by their country name

Eg " martins, the Netehrlands striker" rather than "Dutch"

or "Germany manager" rather than "German manager" etc etc

and there is always that lunatic who reports from Yurop who insist on MEEEEEE-lan

aye - and what is really irritating is they refer to someone by their country name

Eg " martins, the Netehrlands striker" rather than "Dutch"

or "Germany manager" rather than "German manager" etc etc

and there is always that lunatic who reports from Yurop who insist on MEEEEEE-lan

Being 'Germany Manager' (manager of Germany) is different from being a 'German manager' (a manager from Germany, eg Hitzfeld)

Being 'the Netherlands striker' (a striker that plays for the national team) is different from being 'a Dutch striker' (a striker that doesn't)

Martins is from Nigeria

the third point i agree with