fa cup 3rd place play off ?

madras

saturdays independent has a "killer fact" that in 1974 burnley were the last team to win the 3rd-4th place play off in the fa cup(must've beat leicester as they wer beaten off liverpool in the semi's),does anyone have anyone recollection of this whatsoever as it is something that had totally bypassed me........had it been going on for long these play offs or what ?

if you feel like answering please get the reply in sharpish before a mod merges it with another topic just cos they are both from a newspaper.

saturdays independent has a "killer fact" that in 1974 burnley were the last team to win the 3rd-4th place play off in the fa cup(must've beat leicester as they wer beaten off liverpool in the semi's),does anyone have anyone recollection of this whatsoever as it is something that had totally bypassed me........had it been going on for long these play offs or what ?

quite possibly true. I don't remember even that one, you are right though, Liverpool beat Leicester 3-1 in a replay in the other semi final.

if you feel like answering please get the reply in sharpish before a mod merges it with another topic just cos they are both from a newspaper.

Never heard of it mate.

quite possibly true. I don't remember even that one, you are right though, Liverpool beat Leicester 3-1 in a replay in the other semi final.

If only Leicester had nicked a winner first time out eh?