Sunday gossip

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Liverpool have joined the race to sign Charlton's £15m-rated striker Darren Bent. (Sunday Mirror)

Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy have again hinted at the capture of Real Madrid midfielder David Beckham after saying they are poised to sign a player who will make a "monumental impact" on and off the field in the United States. (The People)

West Ham will compete with Chelsea for Bolton defender Tal Ben Haim. (Sunday Mirror)

Newcastle are planning a move for Manchester United midfielder Kieran Richardson. (The People)

Sunderland may snatch striker Anthony Stokes, who has been on loan to Falkirk from Arsenal, from under the noses of Charlton. (Sunday Mirror)

Guest smoggeordie

Southampton defender Gareth Bale will decide in the next 48 hours whether to join Manchester United. (The People)

Guest Darth Toon

Also in the People today - West Hm weant Parker for £10 million!

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=parker-top-of-curbs%2D-hit-list%26method=full%26objectid=18412190%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

"WEST HAM boss Alan Curbishley wants to bring Newcastle United skipper Scott Parker back to London in a £10million swoop.

Curbishley would love his old Charlton captain to join him as part of an Upton Park dressing room revolution.

Parker is a Toon hero since his £6million move from Chelsea and the club will fight hard to stop him leaving.

However, Curbishley has money to spend and a unique bond with Parker, a player he groomed for the top.

The Hammers transfer kitty could be boosted by the departure of several players - skipper Nigel Reo-Coker is a surprise £6million target for Bolton.

He will be allowed to go, with Curbishley hoping Parker will fill the midfield gap.

He would be the ideal skipper for Curbishley, who has declared war on some of his players and their big-time attitude and the way they live on past glories.

If Parker hints that he f ancies the move, Newcastle could launch a bid for Manchester City's Joey Barton, who has a £5.5million clause in his contract."

Guest Ridzuan

10m for Parker,not a bad price I have to say.Thats 3m more than what we paid for his service.But honestly,I dont want to see Parker going and I dont think we should sell any player before buying.

10m sounds like a lot, but considering that we'll have to spend at least half of that on replacing him, it's probably not worth the risk.

For me, Parker is doing fine in our midfield. If it works, don't fix it.

Parker is our captain FFS

That is ridiculous

After Parker we can sell Martins to have founds to buy Crouch

F*** OFF :thdn:

So if a player just doesn't fit in the team and has no other consitent contribution to the team other than lunging tackles and dancing with the ball they shouldn't be sold because they are the captain? Even if the money is more than we paid for them and can bring in a better player than the one we are selling? Or numerous players to plug holes in a paper thin squad?

That is ridiculous

So if a player just doesn't fit in the team and has no other consitent contribution to the team other than lunging tackles and dancing with the ball they shouldn't be sold because they are the captain? Even if the money is more than we paid for them and can bring in a better player than the one we are selling? Or numerous players to plug holes in a paper thin squad?

And who is your better player than Parker?

That is ridiculous

And who is your better player than Parker?

Joey Barton

Stephen Appiah

That's two off the top of my head.

I think Parker is way better than Barton

Stephen Appiah is great player i like him very much

but so is Shevchenko,Baptista,Luque...

I prefer to buy Appiah and play him over Butt :thup:

Huh?  blueconfused.gif

I think Parker is way better than Barton

Stephen Appiah is great player i like him very much

but so is Shevchenko,Baptista,Luque...

I prefer to buy Appiah and play him over Butt :thup:

Huh?  blueconfused.gif

I think he was listing great players he likes who have been flops in the PL.

Ah right, was trying to work out the pattern  :lol: Cheers  :thup: