Question about selling stuff on eBay.

Menace

Right, I've put up an item on sale on eBay, I've paid the price to put it up. The thing I'm wondering is, when the auction ends and you have to pay eBay the money for when the item is sold, does that money come out of your credit card or does it get taken away from the price you got for the item you sold?

Right, I've put up an item on sale on eBay, I've paid the price to put it up. The thing I'm wondering is, when the auction ends and you have to pay eBay the money for when the item is sold, does that money come out of your credit card or does it get taken away from the price you got for the item you sold?

It will come out of your bank at the end of the month. Regardless of your item selling or not.

It will come out of your bank at the end of the month. Regardless of your item selling or not.

So say if currently I've got 40p on my card, and the fee is £2-3 but I put £5 on it on Monday, I won't be in trouble or anything right?

i just seem to get emails at random times ( about a week ago) saying i owe x amount. Tbh just dont set up a direct debit & pay it when you fancy (probably some deadlines...)

Basically, if you dont set up automatic fee payment, then they cant take it automatically from you!

Guest thompers

So say if currently I've got 40p on my card, and the fee is £2-3 but I put £5 on it on Monday, I won't be in trouble or anything right?

Get a job!

My Seller Account Summary

Account Activity

Previous invoice amount: (View invoices) £0.00

Payments and credits since last invoice: £0.00

Fees since last invoice: (View account status) £2.27

Current balance:  £2.27

That means they haven't took out that £2.27 out of my card right?

Account Activity

Previous invoice amount (01/01/07): (View invoices) £8.66

Payments and credits since last invoice: -£8.66

Fees since last invoice: (View account status) £0.00

Current balance:  £0.00

i just paid mine. so yeah, looks that way...

also, they'll email you before they charge you anything anyway.

Account Activity

Previous invoice amount (01/01/07): (View invoices) £8.66

Payments and credits since last invoice: -£8.66

Fees since last invoice: (View account status) £0.00

Current balance:  £0.00

i just paid mine. so yeah, looks that way.

Alright mate, thanks for the help.  :thup: