Betting Advice

Mowen

Boys and Girls,

As I know there's at least one bookie on this forum ,I need to ask some advice:

After the second test I put some money on Monty Panesar to take ten wickets in the Ashes series, thinking I'd get fairly big odds on it (i.e. 50/1 or longer). It came in and I went in to collect my winnings today, only to be told the bet was invalid, and that I couldn't bet on that market as there were no odds for it.

However, they took my money and gave me a slip (albeit with no odds on) for the bet, so surely they should be obliged to give me something other than a refund? I kept onto the slip rather than having my stake returned thinking I had a case, but didn't want to go off the handle at some random bloke who just happened to be working there.

Would/Could I get anywhere by complaining? Do I have any rights? There's some complaint at least, because had it lost I would just have thrown the slip away, losing my stake in the process. Was thinking about emailing their website and outlining the problem, not sure if it'll be worth it though.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

How much was your bet for?

Only a quid, so it's not the end of the world, but still pretty annoying. Thought I'd be winning upwards of 50, would have been a nice little bonus after Christmas.

I work Saturdays for Ladbrokes.  You can't bet on an event for which they haven't formed a market.  It can't be done.  How much are they supposed to pay you if they don't have any odds on it?

I realize it is very frustrating but I really don't think you have a case.  It is the cashier's fault (the price should always be written on a sports bet like this) but the company are not obliged to honour mistakes made by one of their cashiers (e.g. if he'd given odds of 10/1 on an even money chance).

Guest Smudger

:lol:

What a helpful reply.

And urs is better?

No but I dont feel to be a dick and laugh at someone elses misfortune.

Guest Smudger

What a helpful reply.

And urs is better?

Can I :lol: if I send him the pound?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a helpful reply.

And urs is better?

Can I  :lol: if I send him the pound?

Ok.  :winking:

I'm not fussed about losing the pound, I'm keeping my lucky betting slip rather than getting it back, but I'm a bit pissed off about not getting the 50+ I was hoping for!

If you fancy sending that round you can  :lol: all you want tbh, I'll even tell a joke or two.