Is SWP right for Newcastle

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc 4 life

Is SWP right for us would he fit into our system he seems to want to come to us according to papers so he would at least have passion, but do we have enough depth in midfield, would it be right to spend a massive chunk of our budget on him (my opinion no) but if we were to get him on loan and buy him at the end of the season then hell yes, it does seem like thre is a big chance of him coming we just have to wait and see i guess a good player for the future, this would leave us with v talented youngster Martins, Milner, N'zogbia, Taylor, Huntington, Ramage and then SWP

Guest Jambo_T

He is 25, not really a future player. We have N'zogbia who is around 20 and proven at newcastle as is Milner. We don't need anyone else there.

Look at N'zogbia since he got dropped for Duff, not really been the same and then got injured. That would happen to milner i would think.

He is a good player but again, we dont need midfielders.

Guest nufc 4 life

What's the difference between the "No, permenent" and the "No end of story" options?

no you wouldn't get him permanently, but maybe on loan and no end of story means not on loan or permanently

I'm not sure if SWP gets a run out for Chelsea reserves but whenever I've seen him play he doesn't look match sharp.

If he does get back up to his best then he'll be far better than Milner, take him on loan and switch Milner to the left.

Milners form has been good this season, at the start I would have been chuffed with a signing of SWP. However, Milner is starting to prove his potential and I think we are better off developing him. Plus Milner is still very young and has a lot to learn and I think will improve as a player. Maybe SWP reached his peak at Man City?

Chelsea have already dumped/sold two cast offs on us. Both Parker and Duff have been nothing more than average at best for us. At a combined fee of over £10m they have been a let down in all honesty.

SWP will I'm sure go the same way.

It could go two ways..

a) SWP recaptures his Man City form playing week in, week out, and we have one of the best wingers in the league on our books.

b) He's another Duff: dissapointing and past his best, whilst having a detrimental effect on the development of our brightest prospect in the repsective position.

It's probaly worth a gamble to take him on loan, although that looks unlikely with West Ham offering cash.

Guest thompers

What's the difference between the "No, permenent" and the "No end of story" options?

no you wouldn't get him permanently, but maybe on loan and no end of story means not on loan or permanently

So "No permenent" and "Yes loan" are the same then?

Providing we got everything else sorted first, i'd have him here on loan until the end of the season. Milner is developing into a cracking player, but he hasn't got the required quality this season, to get us a European place. That's my opinion. Shaun Wright-Phillips, on the other hand, does have that quality. Whether or not he'll "do a Duff" remains to be seen, but i reckon that with regular football he'd certainly return to his old self. Plus, he would be another body who can also play upfront and on either wing, and it gives Milner competition.

Milner's regular football wouldn't suffer to a massive extent i don't think, he would still get plenty of games when you consider the injuries we have. I'd be tempted to have him on the left-wing ahead of Duff, tbh.

I'm certainly caught in two minds over SWP, i think he has the required quality to get us into a European place this season, and i don't believe it will hinder Milner's regular football to a great extent. Plus, it'd only be a loan and we wouldn't have to waste money buying him. And still, we wouldn't be forced to play him - if Milner proves that he is better, then Milner would keep his place down the right.

I think SWP joining would be good for the team, providing it was on a loan deal, buty if West Ham go and blow £10m on him then i won't be crying on my keyboard.

Guest Boqueron

Chelsea have already dumped/sold two cast offs on us. Both Parker and Duff have been nothing more than average at best for us. At a combined fee of over £10m they have been a let down in all honesty.

SWP will I'm sure go the same way.

And don't forget Babayaro

Fucking sick of the illeterate morons that cloud this place. Newcomers should be forced into writing an essay when they register, and the mods can then decide whether or not they are worthy of a place on the forum.

Tbh.

Guest thompers

Fucking sick of the illeterate morons that cloud this place. Newcomers should be forced into writing an essay when they register, and the mods can then decide whether or not they are worthy of a place on the forum.

Tbh.

Who are you attacking there?

Don't suggest something like that. It's the sort of idea that the mods on here would cream themselves at the prospect...

F***ing sick of the illeterate morons that cloud this place. Newcomers should be forced into writing an essay when they register, and the mods can then decide whether or not they are worthy of a place on the forum.

Tbh.

Not you. And i was exaggerating. ;-)

Guest thompers

F***ing sick of the illeterate morons that cloud this place. Newcomers should be forced into writing an essay when they register, and the mods can then decide whether or not they are worthy of a place on the forum.

Tbh.

Not you. And i was exaggerating. ;-)

Good, thought I was about to have to nail ya :D