Powerpoint 2003 equations

ToonTastic

I know you lot are good so I thought you might be able to help. My girlfriend has Office 2003 installed, now her lecturers post up the lectures on power point slides and she prints them off. The problem is the equations are appearing as stars and birthday cakes cocktail glasses stuff like that. When you double click on the equation it opens up the office equation thing and changes these cakes and cocktail glasses to numbers and letters, unfortunatly they are not the right numbers and letters.

I've tried the same slides on her laptop and they show perfect so I made sure Office was totally up to date but still did not work. So I tried unistalling office and installing it again and then updating office again and then trying but that hasn't worked. The versions of office on the laptop and the computer are the exact same version, the only thing I can think of is the version of office as the computer is using Windows Home and I think the laptop uses professional  (not 100% about this) any ideas how I can get the laptop to show the equations correct ?

Ta !

How is she pritning them of mate? does she save them to the pc open them with powerpoint then print them?

My wife thinks she will have to open them up in power point, go to  file menu, print, as hand out, colour or blk 7 white., numer slides per page.

She says that is all she has ever done and never had a ny trouble, it may be a conflict in version from yours to the lecturers. Is your copy of 2003 updatible online like you can with xp auto update?

If not mate let me know Ihave an admin copy of office xp 2003, its fully updatable online :D

yeah she's tried the equation editor but it works out the equations wrong.  She prints out how you describe but the problem is there when she views them online or saved to the hard drive or when they are printed out. Yeah the version of office is updateable and has been fully updated, thats what I dont get it works fine on the laptop but not on the computer.

It does sound like a font problem, like in the chatroom the smilies stop users seeing url links properly, the ://  of http:// makes a fkn smilie instead of just showing the link, it sound slike you have the same sort of problem.

Have you added any new fonts to office?

No it shows wrong on the display as well. The idea about true type might be something though cause I might have turned it on, on either the computer or the laptop I'll check that out. The second link describes basically the exact same problem so I'll try those tonight and let you know. Thanks Rob W.

Wahooo it worked cheers Rob. Just so everyone whos being reading this thread knows you have to do this:

Go to equation editor

Once you are in the editor go to (in the top menu):

Style...Define...

and change ''L.C. Greek'', ''U.C. Greek'' and ''Symbol'' to a font called Symbol.

Click Ok and now you should see the correct characters

And it works !!!!!

Thanks again.