Toonronto! Scally's this Sunday?

The Bonk

I was just wondering if there were any other Toon fans from Toronto that would like to meet up at

Scallywags Saturday Sunday?

The match is live at 11:00am, main floor, I think.  Anyhoo, it'll be good to meet some fellow Geordies

and have a laugh at the "Spuds Supporters Club" that resides there.  I think some of the guys bring

their wives and dress them up in the Spud Kit to pad their numbers.  :lol:  :thup:

lol toronto eh

Toonronto, mate.  Center of the fucking Universe.   :lol: :thup:

So, by the lack of responses, am I the only Geordie from Toronto that post's on this board?

There are loads, they just don't like you.

tongue.gif

lol toronto eh

Toonronto, mate.  Center of the f***ing Universe.  :lol: :thup:

So, by the lack of responses, am I the only Geordie from Toronto that post's on this board?

There are loads, they just don't like you.

tongue.gif

Bugger.  bluecry.gif

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Slightly off topic, been to Toronto once for a week, f**kin amazing place and would move there in a heartbeat given the chance.

:thup:

that's what I said about Newcastle

Slightly off topic, been to Toronto once for a week, f**kin amazing place and would move there in a heartbeat given the chance.

Cheers, mate.  I love it here, myself.  The lack of footie coverage by the sports media is appalling, though.  Coverage of the WC

was nothing short of shambolic as well.

Guest keego_nufc

Footie coverage is growing amazingly in Canada

Since Toronto is receiving its first legit pro team along with a 25, 000 stadium and the WYC in 2007 coverage has gone up quite a bit

Although usually reserved to two pages in the back of the sports section David Edgar's strike made the front page, no not the front page of the sports.  The front page of the whole feckin Toronto Star!

Cheers, mate.  I love it here, myself.  The lack of footie coverage by the sports media is appalling, though.  Coverage of the WC

was nothing short of shambolic as well.

Have to agree with that, the coverage in Canada is fucking shite even the yanks get more than here thank goodness for the internet.

Guest Derek-g

lol toronto eh

Toonronto, mate. Center of the f***ing Universe. :lol: :thup:

Nope i live in toronto

Slightly off topic, been to Toronto once for a week, f**kin amazing place

Ditto

I agree.  Are you a geordie living in toronto, or a canadian that's started following the toon?

If you're asking moi? I'm of Geordie blood but lived here most of my life. 

lol toronto eh

Toonronto, mate. Center of the f***ing Universe. :lol: :thup:

Nope i live in toronto

So, how 'bout it? 

Guest Moe-Ali

Wow, and all this time i thought u guys hated us Canadian supporters.

Come to think about it, maybe its just howaythelads that makes me feel like that.

Guest keego_nufc

In Canada footie does get more coverage then the USA

All 3 of our major sports networks show footie games regularly

Sometimes all 3 at one time

Our main network shows midweek champs league and that is all they talk about from like 2-5 in the aft (our time of course)

BTW THE BIG QUESTION

ANYONE SUPPORTING TFC THIS SUMMER?  I PERSONALLY CANT WAIT, JAIME PETERS IS COMING!!!

In Canada footie does get more coverage then the USA

All 3 of our major sports networks show footie games regularly

Sometimes all 3 at one time

Our main network shows midweek champs league and that is all they talk about from like 2-5 in the aft (our time of course)

BTW THE BIG QUESTION

ANYONE SUPPORTING TFC THIS SUMMER?  I PERSONALLY CANT WAIT, JAIME PETERS IS COMING!!!

I'lll head to a few games, wouldn't mind seeing DeRo play against us and that tosser Adu. 

BTW (my own) BIG QUESTION, is anybody joining me at Scalley's this sunday?  Come on!